Minnesota
Options

Vendor Reviews (XP on MSP board)

Hey Ladies-
I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the advice and support!  I got married last Saturday, Jan 7th. Also all my vendors were found off your board! I wanted to help any other brides out there!

So here are my vendor reviews- Sorry its so long!

Vendor Reviews

Photography-Kara Knutson  A+

If there was a higher rating for her, she would get it. We couldn’t have asked for a better photographer.

Pro-Super great personality/attitude when working with us. She made all our wedding party and family laugh. She was really flexible. Her communication was spot on. This was very important to me since I was planning from a distance. I love that  we got 6-8 hrs of coverage and we’ll be getting all of our photos and the rights!  Also, cheaper than also every other photographer I came across.

Cons-we have to wait for our pictures!! I can’t wait to see them.

Venue- Crystal Lake Golf Course, Lakeville, MN.  B

Pro-great space, and fantastic food.  People were raving about the food all night. Since we got married in off season, the minimum was affordable for us. Diane and Victoria were really nice.  I also heard a lot of positive comments about the bartender.

Con-We couldn’t do a rehearsal till the day off. H found this to be pretty stressful.  Their communication also wasn’t always great.  I would still recommend them, but advise you to keep reminding them of things.

Flower-Jeni C with Simply State Elegance-B

Pro-Beautiful flowers. She was also very affordable.

Con-Communication sucked. I know her father passed away a few months ago and I don’t know if that is what the hold up was, but it took a few emails just to get an answer back. I would still recommend her!

Cake-Jeff Perlia-A+

Pro-cake was fantastic and so affordable. He was great to communicate with and responded in a timely manner.

Con-Nothing!

Officiate-Cathy Fox Christensen-A-

Pro-She was really affordable.  Also, I like that I designed  my own ceremony.

Con-the only downfall was that she talked really fast so the ceremony was much shorter than expected. This isn’t really a con tho, cause I was so nervous, so maybe it just seemed to fly by to me.

DJ-Eric Christensen with Electic Entertainment-C

Pro-We got a discount cause he is married to the officiate. He played the music and it was fine.

Con-The music wasn’t really our style, so a lot of times the dance floor was empty. Also, it bothered me that he found out a friend of mine had recently got engaged, and he interrupted a convo she was having with a family friend to give her his business card. I felt that it was kind of rude.

Alterations-Sharon P with Twin Cities Bridal Alterations-A+

Sharon is great at what she does. I had 2 fittings with her and the dress fit perfectly. She was also flexible in scheduling since I wasn’t always able to come in because I was out of state. My aunt went to 2 other alterations place to get her dresses altered. She cried when she found out the prices because she had already spent so much on her dresses. When I called Sharon to ask if she was able to look at the, she agreed right away. My aunt got in and got 2 of her dresses altered for half the price!

Consignment Shops-

Brides on France in Richfield-A+

They were fantastic to work with. I knew I wanted a consignment dress. The store owner spent 2 hours with my family helping us with the many dresses we tried on. My dress was beautiful!

Special Day Consignment-Rochester, MN-A+

Since I was out of state, and leaving the following day after my wedding, I didn’t want to take all of it back with me. Diane was great to work with. She took most of my stuff and did the paperwork quickly, so I could get it in the store and out of my car.  She helped me with fair prices with my stuff.  I was impressed with her genuine caring about my wedding stuff.  She is also able to work with me from a distance which is important to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards