July 2012 Weddings
Options

What do you think?

So FI surprised me by having flowers delivered to my classroom on Tuesday. I thought it was cute but I wasn't very impressed with the flowers.

FI showed me online that it was supposed to look like this:

But instead I got this:

Wow....
doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What do you think?

• Options
    Those online flowers don't look very realistic in the first place. 

The most important part is the gesture. FI never ever gets me flowers, so I'm jealous even though the result is not that great :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow. that is kind of a rip off, but I agree with Eline at least your FI got you flowers. Mine used to all the time, now it is once and a blue moon I get them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We have also encountered issues with online flower orders which are supposed to look grand and then when they arrived, they are much smaller.  For our anniversary, FI sent me flowers and I sent him a picture of them when they arrived because I was so happy and he showed me the online picture which was much bigger than what I received.

If he feels like he was ripped off, then he should contact the vendor and write an online review to warn others.  Flowers aren't cheap.

Yay for FI though!

• Options

You're right. Those aren't very impressive, but it was sweet for him to send flowers to you. I'm in the same boat as Eline.

Photobucket
  • Options
    I see a big difference in those pictures, so I totally understand your frustration! Your flowers are still beautiful :)

FI sent me tulips for my birthday. They are very pretty, but of course the online pic looks a bit different. The bonus to having the flowers delivered is the vase! Overall though, I think I like the quality of the flowers better if FI goes to the florist, but it's a lot of fun to get them delivered. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    These were "I'm sorry" flowers for not giving me anything for my birthday last week! Haha. The flowers sure look like they're sorry. FI thinks this is funny.

Same thing happened last year for Valentine's day, he ordered this:

And I got this:
  • Options
    Yea, I see a huge difference in the two pics but I agree, that was super sweet!
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    mekiakoo my fiance has had the same issues!!!!

one time he sent me a dozen roses for absolutely no reason (he does that sometimes :) ) and i swear to you, every single one was dead!! you would think online shops would know better...

but seriously, it was a super sweet gesture on your fiance's behalf! just really disappointing how different they look....you should email customer support with the two pictures you posted and see what they have to say!!
  • Options
    I agree, it's a sweet gesture, but I would complain to the flower company, maybe they will send you a nicer replacement batch. It definitely seems like false advertising!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love flowers! And I think it's very sweet that he sent them, but I agree with everyone else -- you should contact the Customer Service people. Also, why does he keep ordering from this place!? Is it the only one in the area? If not, he should try another place! I've sent a bunch of flowers recenty (MOH finished her first round of law school finals, my mom's birthday, etc.) through 1800Flowers and Teleflora and they've been pretty great, but I suppose that also depends on who is local since they find local florists...Maybe he should yelp reviews?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-do-you-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a7ad4bbe-0734-436f-b423-36525fa4c707Post:1e4bb4b0-acd2-436c-b782-364369425937">Re: What do you think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]These were "I'm sorry" flowers for not giving me anything for my birthday last week! Haha. The flowers sure look like they're sorry. FI thinks this is funny. 
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

<div>In that case: shame on him :). Those definitely are some sorry flowers...</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-do-you-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a7ad4bbe-0734-436f-b423-36525fa4c707Post:3f15c021-293c-4eb2-b21c-90827b618e82">Re: What do you think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love flowers! And I think it's very sweet that he sent them, but I agree with everyone else -- you should contact the Customer Service people. Also, why does he keep ordering from this place!? Is it the only one in the area? If not, he should try another place! I've sent a bunch of flowers recenty (MOH finished her first round of law school finals, my mom's birthday, etc.) through 1800Flowers and Teleflora and they've been pretty great, but I suppose that also depends on who is local since they find local florists...Maybe he should yelp reviews?
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

He's been ordering them through proflowers.com! We have one or two flower stores around here and he's going to go with them next and see if they satisify us and don't rip us off! :)
  • Options
    I've had the same thing happen. If 1-800 flowers doesn't go thrugh a local place and instead mails them to you, they always look crappy compared to the pictuers, and if they go through a local place they look decent. I would definitely complain to whoever it is. FI did this after our first anniversary flowers and they gave him his money back and sent me new flowers several weeks later. Ever since he's definitely found a local place and doesn't do online stuff. I would recommend that to your FI from now on. But in the meantime enjoy the flowers for what they are and not comparing them to what they could be! (just like we have to do for our FI's at times!)

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • Options
    Yikes...those don't look the same at all.  I haven't had good luck with proflowers in the past.  FI's mom sent us floawers from them last summer and the delivery person left them on the doorstep in 115* heat...not smart.  FI has always ordered flowers for me from more local flower shops and hasn't had any issues.

The picture of the "I'm sorry tulips" made me laugh. :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    FI definitely got ripped off... he needs to call them and get a refund or something.  That's ridiculous.  But that was thoughtful of him anyway.

On the rare occasion my FI sends flowers, he's used FTD.com and they send through a local florist.  They've always been beautiful and delivered on-time.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I agree, those look pretty sad lol but it was definitely a sweet gesture! FI has never gotten me flowers :(

Sometimes, the website says something about the ones pictured being the most expensive option. So if you order the more "basic", cheaper priced option, you don't get anything impressive. I'm not saying he did that at all, but it's possible he did it without realizing. That, or they just suck lol I don't have enough experience with flowers to know!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options

Your FI needs to call and say something about that, I wish I could get a rose out of my FI LOL.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-do-you-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a7ad4bbe-0734-436f-b423-36525fa4c707Post:1e4bb4b0-acd2-436c-b782-364369425937">Re: What do you think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]These were "I'm sorry" flowers for not giving me anything for my birthday last week! Haha. The flowers sure look like they're sorry. FI thinks this is funny. Same thing happened last year for Valentine's day, he ordered this: And I got this:
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

I literally just burst out laughing at work when I read this!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_what-do-you-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a7ad4bbe-0734-436f-b423-36525fa4c707Post:dba89489-404d-4631-88c1-e8d626986839">Re: What do you think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've had the same thing happen.<strong> If 1-800 flowers doesn't go thrugh a local place and instead mails them to you, they always look crappy compared to the pictuers, and if they go through a local place they look decent.</strong> I would definitely complain to whoever it is. FI did this after our first anniversary flowers and they gave him his money back and sent me new flowers several weeks later. Ever since he's definitely found a local place and doesn't do online stuff. I would recommend that to your FI from now on. But in the meantime enjoy the flowers for what they are and not comparing them to what they could be! (just like we have to do for our FI's at times!)
    Posted by macfam929[/QUOTE]

I have never had a bad experience with 1-800-flowers. I sent FI's family flowers one time - after I had crashed at their house for a week - and they were box delivered - and they looked beautiful.

FI use to send me flowers at my job allll the time - and he always did the 1-800-flowers through a local florist - and they were always BEAUTIFUL - sometimes even better than the picture.

The ONLY time I had a tiny issue with 1-800-flowers, when FI was in the hospital, I ordered flowers with a little sick teddy bear - but the local florist I guess didn't have the bear - so he just got the flowers.

But I will admit - these are FAR from the picture - :p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's really sweet of FI to get you flowers.  My FI never get me any basically.  I would definitely have him send an email/complaint to someone over there about the deception in quality and quantity of flowers.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards