Minnesota
Options

Bemidji Area Brides

Who did you use for your venders? (Venues, Bakery, Photographer, Dress shop, DJ, etc) Advice, reviews? Pictures?? It is so hard to find stuff online for Bemidji brides. Hopefully I can find a few on here, we can help eachother out :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bemidji Area Brides

• Options
    mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm from the area and I absoultely understand! I'm getting married in the Cities though. We were trying to decide if we should get married up north or in the Cities where I grew up and after looking around- we realized how difficult it was to find stuff online for Bemidji area. You'll have a better luck talking with people though.

We were considering Itasca State Park and Bemidji State Park (they don't allow alcohol), using the golf course next to the Bemidji State Park, etc. But we didn't get too far in our search before deciding on the Cities.

Are you getting married in 3 months?
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Itasca Stat Park next spring (live in the Twin Cities).  I've found some vendors through friends or in the cities that are not charging for travel expenses.  And obviously I'm buying my dress down here too.

We are using Leuken's bakery in Bemidji for the cake and they've been good to work with so far and acoomodating as well.  Marketplace had good tasting cake and cost less, but they did not seem as reliable or experienced as far as decorating goes.

I'm renting chairs for the ceremony (its outdoors) from someplace in Bemidji too, can't remember the name right now, and they are being really accomodating as well as affordable.

We are using a photographer from down here but met with Dana J photography In Park Rapids.  She has some great shots on her website and would've been a great choice and I would recommend her.  In the end, we  went with someone with more experience who cost less though.

My only problem right now are the wedding flowers.  I am wanting to use farmers market flowers, they're so beautiful down in Minneapolis/Saint Paul, and some of the vendors I checked out in Park Rapids/Bemidji weren't offering what I was looking for.  But I'm not sure how the farmers markets are up in that area so I am weighing my options.

Good luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in our small town north of bemidji. We are using Walmart for cupcakes that are only 50 cents a piece and thy actually can decorate pretty good too. Wouldnt guess they were from walmart. I used formalities for all of our attire and I absolutely love them! We are using Ntertainment for our DJ. I have been to a few weddings they have done and they are great! We don't have any flowers in our wedding, so no worries there. About the farmers market,, I'm not familiar with one up here that sells flowers. My photographer is coming from the cities. Linens we are renting from Ameripride. Programs, we are looking into doing those with Ink Spot in bemidji. The rest we are doing ourselves.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards