Minnesota
Options

Rochester Minnesota

My fiance and I attend school in Florida but are orginially from MN and both of our families still reside there so we are having the wedding in Rochester Minnesota. If anyone has any suggestions of places in Rochester or near Rochester that take care of a lot of the details (venue,food, drink, linens, etc) I would really appreciate it. I am trying to find a place that will take care of most of my needs, it has been very stressful planning in another state!

Re: Rochester Minnesota

• Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I can't help, but the Minneapolis board is much more active. You might get more responses there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am very near rochester!  I think the Mayo Civic  Center does that but it is pretty expensive. I had my reception at Events in Kasson and the hall, food, linens and dishes are through them.  It is always set up with the tulle and lights so decorating is a minimum.  Just make sure you get everything in writing because he can be slightly sketchy at times.  Let me know if you want to know anythig else about any vendors in rochester
  • Options
    kirieli923kirieli923 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also from the Rochester area and am getting married in the area.  When I was looking for places and helping a girlfriend look for venues, we came across a few that take care of A LOT.  Basically, any place that has their own catering and an in-house wedding/events planner.  So Somerby Country Club in Byron, or any of the hotels in downtown Rochester (Kahler is especially nice).  You'll have more challenges if you try to do a venue that isn't experienced doing LOTS of weddings.

One other thing you might think about since you're planning out of state (I am in the same boat - but thankfully my mom has been all over doing a lot of the legwork for me) is finding a wedding coordinator.  I don't know if that's in your budget, but if you're looking for a more unique location or anything, a coordinator in Rochester could save you a lot of stress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard Byron was really nice.  I know you could do the wedding outdoors there and reception inside too.  Or just a reception
  • Options
    brimavenbrimaven member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Double Tree Hotel.
  • Options
    jcamm11jcamm11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents are from Rochester, I live on the east coast.  I am getting married and Mississippi Dunes Golf Links in Cottage Grove and planning everything from here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would recommend Weddings By Nancy

Weddings By Nancy

(608) 796-2257

400 Main St
    La Crosse, WI 54601

• Options
    edited December 2011

I have lived in Rochester, MN my whole life and I would suggest the Rochester Art Center.  It is located within the Mayo Civic center and it beautiful!  Other options would be The Rochester Event Center (by the airport), La Quinta Inn, Doubletree Hotel, The Plummer House.

You will find something! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding reception at La Quinta Inn. Their prices are VERY reasonable compared to other places in town, and they don't nickel and dime you to death on things, most things are included in the price of the room rental.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards