Minnesota

Help! Royal Prestige called: scam or actual prize?

Hey Everyone,

So today I received a call from a company called 'Royal Prestige' saying that I had won prizes from a recent drawing. When I asked where they found my phone number they stated someone form my family, myself, or a visit to a recent bridal show would have entered me.

They continued to list four prizes that I had won:
1. A trip for 3-4 nights (I can't remeber exact amount) at an all inclusive resort in the Us or somewhere tropical. Everything paid for, but airfare.
2. Wedding bands for my fiance and I from a company called JVLjewelry.com
3. Aprons for my fiance and I
4. An entry card to win a Harley Davidson

When I told the person I was speaking to that this sounded like a scam and asked how many people also wont he same prize. They stated that 10 other couples would be invited to a designated hotel where we would be served dinner during a 90 min presentation abou their cookware.

They reassured me that I would not need to buy anything and my prizes would be given at the 90 minute meeting. I've read reviews on google about this and none are very good. I guarentee I would NOT buy anything because they have ridiculous prizes, btu I want to know if anyone actually received their prizes or went on the trip!

Please let me know if you know anything abou this. Espacially if you received the prizes and/or went on the trip.

Re: Help! Royal Prestige called: scam or actual prize?

• franticbride2franticbride2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a scam. I have gotten like 398434 calls from them and have told them to stop calling every time. Now they are calling my fiance!
  • edited December 2011
    Total scam. they get you to listen to their presentation and try to sell you on their cookware, and they will  be totally pushy. Best to just tell them to take your name off the list.
  • edited December 2011
    I used to sell similar things but it was for time shares and we used a LOT of the say wording. Sorry to say it has a lot of loops you have to jump through and spend a lot of money to actually get anything.
  • iloveu4everiloveu4ever member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_royal-prestige-called-scam-actual-prize?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:640Discussion:99e42843-3872-4261-8259-ca50eef639fbPost:9ea03a5c-517d-4463-8cf2-55f72a28f090">Help! Royal Prestige called: scam or actual prize?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Everyone, So today I received a call from a company called 'Royal Prestige' saying that I had won prizes from a recent drawing. When I asked where they found my phone number they stated someone form my family, myself, or a visit to a recent bridal show would have entered me. They continued to list four prizes that I had won: 1. A trip for 3-4 nights (I can't remeber exact amount) at an all inclusive resort in the Us or somewhere tropical. Everything paid for, but airfare. 2. Wedding bands for my fiance and I from a company called JVLjewelry.com 3. Aprons for my fiance and I 4. An entry card to win a Harley Davidson When I told the person I was speaking to that this sounded like a scam and asked how many people also wont he same prize. They stated that 10 other couples would be invited to a designated hotel where we would be served dinner during a 90 min presentation abou their cookware. They reassured me that I would not need to buy anything and my prizes would be given at the 90 minute meeting. I've read reviews on google about this and none are very good. I guarentee I would NOT buy anything because they have ridiculous prizes, btu I want to know if anyone actually received their prizes or went on the trip! Please let me know if you know anything abou this. Espacially if you received the prizes and/or went on the trip.
    Posted by Dahlke&Kissell[/QUOTE]

We went to 1 of those parties and got a trip kinda boring good cookwear but omg boring

• edited December 2011
    i recently went on the honeymoon to the dominican republic and we loved it! u do have to pay 100 dep for room but we got that back when we got there. we loved it. it really was a dream come true!!
    if it havent already went, go!! IT IS NOT A SCAM
  • franticbride2franticbride2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ^OBVIOUSLY someone from Royal Prestige. You obviously made an account (today) JUST to defend your SCAM of a company.
  • edited December 2011
    I received this call too.  My thought is that it is a scam or basically a "time-share" type hard sell.  I talked to my fiance about it and he said the hotel chain isn't the greatest either.
    BFP 3/17/12 EDD 11/23/12 m/c 3/30/12 6 wks BFP 12/5/12 EDD 8/10/13
  • riagomez06riagomez06 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    IT IS ABSOLUTELY A SCAM! I refuse to pick up their calls, they have called me THREE TIMES in a matter of 10 minutes! Next time they call me, I am going to pick up, start bawling and tell them that I found my fiance cheating on me with another man!! Maybe then they will stop PESTERING ME!! Tongue Out
    Look at all these AWFUL reports: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/royal_prestige_bridal.html
    These poor people end up paying up to $2100 for some crappy pots and pans by scare tactings saying that regular pots and pans can cause alzheimers and they CLAIM that their statements are backed up by Mayo Clinic (which they have no documentation of) they are pushy, rude and taking advantage of newly engaged couples!! Please avoid this scam!!!!! 
  • HOLD UP FOLKS!! Hear me out. My name is Cathrin. I'm 30yrs old and I'm a stay-at-home-mom/tattoo artist. You can look me up on Facebook if you want. In no way, shape, or form do I now or have I ever worked for this company or any company associated with them. BTW I fully intend to repost this on any thread I find regarding Royal Prestige or Dinner 4 Two.
    My husband and I got the same call that most everyone did. They offered a 3 day 2 night stay in the Bahamas and 2 free rings through JVL Jewelry and all we had to do was watch the Royal Prestige presentation. The rep specifically told us to leave the wallet at home because she didn't want us to feel pressured to buy anything.
    We went to the presentation. The salesman's name was Chanse. He worked out of Nashville. He was absolutely HILARIOUS! I'd love to be best friends with that guy. He was just that cool. We actually talked about tattoos after the presentation, but thats another story.
    So anyway, he showed us how the cookware works. He showed us the china and the crystal glasses and the stainless steel spoons. He explained all the free gifts. And at the end of the show, we ate the little samples of the food. Then everyone decided whether they wanted to buy the product or not. With all of the gifts that were being thrown in for free, (some of which we've already taken advantage of) we decided to go ahead and get the 7 piece cookware set. We also got the china and 4 glasses.
    That night, when we got home, we ordered the 2 free rings from JVL Jewelry. There was a shipping fee, just like Chanse told us there would be. We paid it, got the rings less than a week later.
    Shortly thereafter, we received the cookware. Pretty, shiny, heavy as ****. My brother and one of the guys from my church even went so far as to bang the china plate on the wall like the salesman had done during the presentation. Not so much as a scratch :)
    Over the course of the next week, I read through the care and instructions book twice, just to make sure I understood everything.
    Since then, I've made pork chops and chicken with no oil or grease or sauce in the pan. Followed the instructions and guess what??? IT DIDN'T STICK! Shocking, right? I made mashed potatoes without boiling them. I used the smaller dutch oven and lid with the small strainer. The potatoes are so much tastier this way.... Tonight, I made a 2.5lb pot roast, complete with onions, garlic, potatoes and carrots. Followed the instructions and actually used the recipe in the cookbook they sent with it and guess what??? It was completely cook, tender and juicy and friggin' delicious, from start to finish, in 1 hour. ONE HOUR. I kid you not.
    Everything worked the way Chanse said it would. EXACTLY the way he said it would. I've run those pans through the dishwasher. They come out just as perfect as the day we got them. The little whistles on the tops of the lids even whistle at me when they're supposed to. And do you know, within that first 3 days after we placed the order, you know the 3 day grace period they give you to cancel the order if you change your mind, I called the Viva Wyndham Resort (I even made sure to get the corporate phone number online) and I verified that the 3 day 2 night stay in the Bahamas (which our salesman actually increased to a 5 day 4 night stay) was actually a legitimate offer. You have to pay a tax fee because its outside the US (just like Chanse said warned us we would when we bought the stuff) but everything else is free. EVERYTHING. Meals, activities, drinks, GRATUITIES, all of it! Its literally all inclusive, and it is free with the promotion we got for buying the cookware.
    So, all that being said, I fail to see where the scam is.... It sounds more to me like people either weren't using the cookware right or they had a bad salesman. Ours gave us the phone number to their office in Nashville. I've called and talked to him since then to ask questions. Its real, people. You can look me up on Facebook if you want in order to prove that I am who I say I am. Send me a friend request. I don't mind. Message me on here and I'll give you my name so you can find me on there.
    Just thought you guys might like to know whats up ^_^

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_royal-prestige-called-scam-actual-prize?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:640Discussion:99e42843-3872-4261-8259-ca50eef639fbPost:9ea03a5c-517d-4463-8cf2-55f72a28f090">Help! Royal Prestige called: scam or actual prize?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Everyone, So today I received a call from a company called 'Royal Prestige' saying that I had won prizes from a recent drawing. When I asked where they found my phone number they stated someone form my family, myself, or a visit to a recent bridal show would have entered me. They continued to list four prizes that I had won: 1. A trip for 3-4 nights (I can't remeber exact amount) at an all inclusive resort in the Us or somewhere tropical. Everything paid for, but airfare. 2. Wedding bands for my fiance and I from a company called JVLjewelry.com 3. Aprons for my fiance and I 4. An entry card to win a Harley Davidson When I told the person I was speaking to that this sounded like a scam and asked how many people also wont he same prize. They stated that 10 other couples would be invited to a designated hotel where we would be served dinner during a 90 min presentation abou their cookware. They reassured me that I would not need to buy anything and my prizes would be given at the 90 minute meeting. I've read reviews on google about this and none are very good. I guarentee I would NOT buy anything because they have ridiculous prizes, btu I want to know if anyone actually received their prizes or went on the trip! Please let me know if you know anything abou this. Espacially if you received the prizes and/or went on the trip.
    Posted by Dahlke&Kissell[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards