Minnesota
Options

Winter 2013 Venue (rustic?)

My (basically) fiance and I are planning on getting married in December of 2013. He's in the Marine Corps stationed in Japan right now and won't be back in the states until then. I'm going to visit him in March, and that's when he'll officially propose (and we'll tell people), but we want to get started on plans right now because the sooner the better, of course.

The plan originally was to get married in April when he came back to the states, but with all the paperwork and rules with marrying the military it makes more sense to do so in December. We wanted the whole outdoor'/barn/rustic theme, but with how much snow we get and everything like that it's not plausible for December.

So, really all I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for venues and what not in December that could still pull off the rustic theme and what not. We're looking for more Central Minnesota area, including the Twin Cities possibly, or maybe slightly up North. Honestly we're open to anything MN/WI/IA area so long as it fits our budget (~$10k) and what we're looking for.

We don't want to settle just because the military complicates everything! Thanks in advance, by the way.

Re: Winter 2013 Venue (rustic?)

• Options
    Welcome! And congrats!

Its not very rustic, but I got married in January at Crystal Lake Golf Course in Lakeville.  My budget for me entire wedding was $10,000, so its def budget friendly. They have it all decorated for Christmas and it is beautiful.  Diane and Victora are great to work with, and the food is AMAZING. 

I just wanted to throw that option out there!
  • Options
    Maybe Earle Brown Heritage Center in Brooklyn Center, MN

Contact the Minneapolis Northwest Convention & Visitors Bureau to assist with getting in contact with them! www.minneapolisnorthwest.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards