Ohio-Cincinnati

Tips from a Bride (And Officiant Suggestion)

I got married in July of this year - I've now had two months to contemplate some things and want to share them with you in addition to the reviews I posted back in August.

1) Dress nicely while getting your hair and make-up done. I didn't. I wore old sweat pants and an old tank top - and am not fond of those pictures. Not sure what I was thinking! It was 6:00am - guess that's what I was thinking!

2) Have fun with it. We had a Mario themed wedding - and we are SO glad we did. It was so us - and truly felt like OUR wedding and not just a wedding we were placed into. Get your groom involved! We bonded so much (and bickered a bit)

3) Choose an officiant who you really believe will sit down and get to know you. For those of you who are church-less, this may be a bit difficult. We struggled with this. Everyone had a "form ceremony" that they wanted to read to us - it was awful and so not us. Then we found Reverend Judy Burroughs- who sat with us at Panera for well over and hour getting to know us, chatting, finding out what was important to us in a round-about way. We booked her on the spot.  She wrote the perfect ceremony (and corresponded over email for several months)...and showed up well over an hour early to the ceremony and fixed all the crinkles that my day was having.

I failed to mention this in my previous review of her, but it rained on my wedding day, and she offered to remove her minister robe and put it over my head to get me into the building dry...she had no regard for getting soaked if that was what was going to keep me dry.

wednowcincinnati.com.

I've mentioned Rev. Judy ever time I can...simply because with out her, my day would not have gone as well as it did...when she arrived - things were not as they should be - but she helped sort it out..and get us going. :-)

4) Do something fun the day before. We took our out of town guests to King's Island - best decision ever. Other than - I ended up with an attrocious tan-line down my back which was luckily covered by the veil..

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tips from a Bride (And Officiant Suggestion)

• Thank you for this.  I've currently been researching officiants. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I totally agree!  We had the same wonderful relationship with our officiant from Brides of Cincinnati, Kathryn Seifert.  She was awesome in more ways than we can say. 

We had a family outing the day before our ceremony like you did, and it worked wonders for frayed nerves and stress levels.  The photos of that day bring back memories almost as wonderful as the wedding photos.  I didn't think it was possible to laugh so much. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_tips-from-a-bride-and-officiant-suggestion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:1ea2e86a-5c29-4ef3-9592-b6d917ae1510Post:63835950-1db3-437c-8fdd-699fbef78b2f">Re: Tips from a Bride (And Officiant Suggestion)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally agree!  We had the same wonderful relationship with our officiant from Brides of Cincinnati, Kathryn Seifert.  She was awesome in more ways than we can say.  We had a family outing the day before our ceremony like you did, and it worked wonders for frayed nerves and stress levels.  The photos of that day bring back memories almost as wonderful as the wedding photos.  I didn't think it was possible to laugh so much. 
    Posted by patEcake[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it. :-) We also didn't want to just sit around and be all worrisome about the wedding, so we got out and had some fun...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards