Ohio-Cincinnati

Reception halls.

Hi ladies. I'm getting married 2/16/13 and have been looking at a few reception halls but nothing has really wowed me/or is too expensive. I was just wondering where you plan on having yours, I need ideas!! So far I've looked at Receptions (fairfield), Tori's Station, and Lake Lyndsay. I'm trying to keep my wedding under 14k.
09/12- Dx PCOS; currently taking Metformin 1500mg.
10/12-Married my best friend
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: Reception halls.

• Lindseym8Lindseym8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really depends if you want everything included or if you want to do most of the work yourself.  I'm having mine at Lake Lyndsay next September.  We opted to have it on a Friday which is cheaper, plus I had my prom there in one of the buildings and absolutely loved it at the time.  However, they only provide the building and you have to supply everything else.  And we are trying to keep our budget at $10,000.  We also looked at the Savannah Center which I think was going to be around $10k, the Manor House was around $8 or 9k and we also looked into the zoo too.  
    Good luck!
  • pugracepugrace member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    doing mine at the Precinct with 15 people on a Wed and then reception at receptions eastgate (175-200 people) budget is 13K and it also includes a 7 day cruise and 2 days at Dinsey. A cheap nice wedding is possiable.
  • utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_reception-halls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:2104a8d5-6460-40ff-8488-9461c094be06Post:06b14630-7086-400c-b046-7d4464755b4f">Reception halls.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies. I'm getting married 2/16/13 and have been looking at a few reception halls but nothing has really wowed me/or is too expensive. I was just wondering where you plan on having yours, I need ideas!! So far I've looked at Receptions (fairfield), Tori's Station, and Lake Lyndsay. I'm trying to keep my wedding under 14k.
    Posted by annieravensfan528[/QUOTE]

<div>Receptions: I had a great experience with them during planning, but we ended up not using them. Good place.</div><div>
    </div><div>Torri Station: Oh my gosh... FI and I went there and the guy, Mark, who showed us the venue was disgusting. He cussed the whole time, bashed every wedding and couple in the recent few weeks, hated that we didn't want to use him as our photographer and didn't want to use their DJ. Their venue is lovely, but the staff is TERRIBLE. </div><div>
    </div><div>I've been to a wedding at Lake Lyndsay, it was lovely. </div><div>
    </div><div>Recreations is your best bet. Especially because it's all inclusive.</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Are you set on a boring ol' reception hall? You have soooo many more options.
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_reception-halls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:2104a8d5-6460-40ff-8488-9461c094be06Post:b36d9079-db7d-4359-b5d4-f27b0ec041e9">Re: Reception halls.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you set on a boring ol' reception hall? You have soooo many more options.
    Posted by lindsaynewbride10[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Torii Station isn't boring, I'd suggest she go there if they weren't so rude!</div>
  • pugracepugrace member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No offense but Tori Station looks like Miami Vice threw up in there.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_reception-halls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:2104a8d5-6460-40ff-8488-9461c094be06Post:06b14630-7086-400c-b046-7d4464755b4f">Reception halls.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies. I'm getting married 2/16/13 and have been looking at a few reception halls but nothing has really wowed me/or is too expensive. I was just wondering where you plan on having yours, I need ideas!! So far I've looked at Receptions (fairfield), Tori's Station, and Lake Lyndsay. I'm trying to keep my wedding under 14k.
    Posted by annieravensfan528[/QUOTE]

We're on a tight budget and are using FOP event center/FOP lodge in joyce park in Fairfield. They just were remodeled by a catering company so it looks nice on the inside. The food is through all things catered and we're doing a buffett for $10 a person, you can BYOB/Alcohol (just have to pay a bartender $20 a hour), and unlimited pop if you're not having alcohol for $1 a person. by far the cheapest, nicest place we found in the area. good luck!
    here's their site

<a href="http://www.fopeventcenteratjoycepark.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://www.fopeventcenteratjoycepark.com/</a>
  • misti&nathanmisti&nathan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We worked with receptions and had our ceremony and reception at dearborn country club (receptions runs it now) and we were at around 8k for ceremony, reception and cake for 150 people brett the room captain is amazing!  i cant say enough good things about them! hope this helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'd go to somewhere like receptions, there is also Oscar's event center a Jungle Jims It's BEAUTIFUL
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_reception-halls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:2104a8d5-6460-40ff-8488-9461c094be06Post:cfbf0452-0b97-4f24-a7e6-bbf57230dcb0">Re: Reception halls.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We worked with receptions and had our ceremony and reception at dearborn country club (receptions runs it now) and we were at around 8k for ceremony, reception and cake for 150 people brett the room captain is amazing!  i cant say enough good things about them! hope this helps!
    Posted by misti&nathan[/QUOTE]

I am having my reception there in November.  It is in the afternoon with the ceremony elsewhere and cake from an outside vendor, but it is about $2700 for 100 people.  I am meeting with them on October 1st to finalize plans.  Can you offer any tips?
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

are you meeting with kerri? if so shes not very good at asking questions or offering help with much however brett who is her brother is the captain of the banquets and he is AMAZING!  we dropped everything off to him on the wed before my sat wedding and he and his crew did everything from tying my bows on to setting up my favors. when I went in sat everything was perfect! so I would suggest when you take your stuff like favors and stuff make sure brett is going to be there! 

• edited December 2011
    Thanks, Misti.  Yes, I have not been overly impressed with Kerri.  I haven't met Brett yet, so I will make a point to do so.  I need to make sure everything is taken care of since there is a large wedding immediately following ours.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers image
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No problem at all!  we were not impressed with Kerri at all either The hubby and I both wished Brett was the one who did everything including all paperwork.  make sure when you go into your meeting with Kerri that you have everything you want written down.  My mom had everything written down.  i.e how many tables, guests, if you are using their card box things like that and it helped alot.  if you need anything else let me know I am more then happy to help!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Misti! I am having our ceremony and reception at Dearborn Country Club on September 15th, 2012.  I completely agree with you about Kerri, it was a bit aggravating at first, but like you said make sure you write things down.   Do you by any chance have pictures of how your ceremony was set up? I asked Kerri for some and she didn't know how to e-mail them so she pretty much just gave up on it.  Thanks!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes I do have some from rehearsal it was set up but the arch and thigns werent up yet.  we rented our arch from our florist i cant email them to you if you would like?

• edited December 2011
    That would be great thank you! You can send them to staceybaxley@hotmail.com.  I just wanted to see how the chairs were set up outside, its hard to imagine things sometimes without pictures :)
  • edited December 2011
    I booked at The Elements. I loved the atmosphere and they include everything. 
    She also helped me find all of my vendors. I was in school and starting residency so i barley had time to plan and they were great to me.

I finally started using this knot chat board. I wish i was on here the whole time seeing what people said.

Out of all of the ones that you listed I would for sure go with Receptions. 
    edited December 2011
    P.S. I had a friend who got married at Receptions this weekend and it was beautiful!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stacey I will send some when I get home from work tonight!  sorry for the delay ive been sick and in bed for the past 3 days! expect them tonight!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh your so sweet, thank you!! No rush at all, take care of yourself. Hope you feel better :)
  • JasLachelleJasLachelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using the Grove of Springfield Township. They have an outside ceremony space, and a dance floor in the reception venue with a bar too. Thom is great too!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony and reception at the manor house and we are very excited. since we are having 220+ people they can accomidate us the best but it is a tad expensive! But i abosultly loved the atrium that is where our ceremony will be and the cocktail hour and reception will be in the crystal ballroom because it has a large porch for the cocktail hour. def check it out (: 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in January and so far I have looked at The Bell Event Centre downtown Cincy and The Grand in Covington. They included everything! Cake cutting, room rental, food and bar service. Aaron from the bell event is really nice! For 100 ppl they were both around $4k, which is a steal for everything they include and how beautiful the venues are! The Bell event is usually a $8k minimum but because they had a holiday menu for the winter they didn't have a minimum. I don't know if The Grand will give you a discount for a winter wedding but I'm sure if you tell them such and such is giving a 10/25% discount they will work something out. I am going to the Newport Syndicate tonight and they will be around $3k for 100 ppl and I think they include everything The Grand does. I like The Grand and Newport Syndicate more because your event is 5hrs instead of 4 and The Bell Event was a little too historic for me.  I wanted a historic venue at first but just didn't feel like it would be a party if I had it there. I will post what my visit to The Syndicate. Hope this helps you out!
  • edited December 2011
    My visit at the Syndicate was fantastic! They showed us the Ambassador Room and of course the Ballroom when you first walk in. We love the ballroom! It goes perfect with our colors. They have lighting that is included in the package(which includes pretty much everything) valet parking, and a discount for being in the winter. It's going to be around $4k for 100-125 ppl. It's not the same old same old reception hall either, which is what we were looking for.
  • Krissykay14Krissykay14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Listed below are some great places to have a wedding in the Cincinnati Area- they have a preferred catering list for you to choose from, my company being one of them Chefs Choice Catering

ADC
    Mercantile Building also know as the Center
    French Park
    Ault Park
    Alms Park
    Glendale Lyceum
    Anderson Center
    Weidmean Hill Mansion
    Newport Aquarium
    Green Acres
    Music Hall
    Enchanted Villages

I hope this helped. Good luck with the planning!

Kristie.mcgraw@kroger.com

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards