Ohio-Cincinnati

Opinions- Craigslist Dj?

The cost of a DJ is crazy considering most are 600-700 bucks for 4 hours.  That is more than the cost of our venue!  We are having a Sunday afternoon wedding so it wont be a party atmosphere, but I do want someone to MC and annouce everything.  I have checked out craigslist and there several on there that are much cheaper.  One in particular is Larry's Lights and he only charges $70/hr.  Does anyone have experience with him or with a craigslist DJ in general?
Is this a good way to save money or a recipe for disaster?

Re: Opinions- Craigslist Dj?

• edited December 2011

I have a friend that is a Craigslist DJ. He has been in a band and been doing DJ stuff for years. He does have a facebook page if you want to check him out. http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100002208471297&sk=info

As for most Craigslist DJ's I would ask them if they DJ any bars and if you could come see them one night. Seeing them in person would give you the best idea of how good they are.

Good Luck to you!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I was wondering about him too. If you find anything out, please post about it. I was in  contact with him at one time. Seems nices enough but wasn't overly aggressive or concerned to get my business. I guess at those rates, he may stay busy enough that he can take you or leave you. LOL!
  • edited December 2011
    Can you invite yourself to one of Larry's gigs and check him out firsthand? 
  • edited December 2011
    I have a friend that has been a keyboardist and singer in a band for years. He has over 80,000 songs and is going to be our wedding DJ. He charges $400 standard, because he does this simply because he enjoys it. I would highly recommend him and he has lots of extras like awesome lights, etc that he does not charge extra for.

He has a great personality, but does not interupt songs and knows how to build up a dance floor and then keep them dancing...just a thought!

Let me know if you want info. His facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1584960717 . He gets all of his business by word of mouth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards