Ohio-Cincinnati

Courtyard Marriott vs. Holiday Inn

Hello!
My fiance and I are getting married at the Madison and the two hotels offering shuttles are the Courtyard Marriott and the Holiday Inn, both in Covington.  We're planning on getting a suite at whichever we chose, for the girls to get ready in and then to use later for people to hang out in after the reception.

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with either hotel and has any feedback to offer?  My main concerns are making sure the suite is spacious and fun so we all have plenty of space to get ready (there are 7 bridesmaids) and that the guests who want to hang out after the reception have a place to go.

Thanks in advance for your feedback! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Courtyard Marriott vs. Holiday Inn

• brownd9brownd9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the Madison and look at both of the places you mentioned. We ended up booking with Holiday Inn for a couple reasons.

They have a bar/restaraunt at the hotel so guests would have a place to hang out after the reception. The Marriot does not have a bar so we would have to rent one of their meeting rooms and supply drinks for everyone. This was probably the number one reason we went with Holiday Inn. They also offered to keep the bar open until 2:30 or later for us.

Overall, they have been super easy going and great to work with. The rooms were comparable at both places, and I think Holiday Inn had a slightly better rate for our guests. No one has had any issues booking their rooms that we know of.

Hope that helps!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    That helps a lot, thanks!  Did you take a look at the suite at the Holiday Inn by any chance?  There wasn't one avaiable for us to see, so my concern was that it would be smaller than the Marriott.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards