Options

Need table decor ideas!

OK people, this is the pavilion that I get to dress up.  It comes with:
 - brown or white table cloths
 - burlap runner
 - napkins (white, western theme, or brown),
 - red oil lanterns
 - square, wooden flower boxes with horseshoe accents

I plan to bring in string or bistro lights, paper lanterns to cover the exposed light bulbs and then maybe pompoms or banners of some sort.

As you can see from this photo that one centerpiece - and a low centerpiece at that - does not look right.  (This table arrangement is not manadatory).

Then I thought of alternating jars of wildflowers and red lanterns, kind of how they have on their website.  But these jars of flowers are $25 each, even with the jars provided.  Kind of don't want to spend $400+ on flowers that I have to leave behind.

So looking into alternative centerpieces that maybe have a little more "height" to them and hopefully cheaper - I came across this one:

Or even something like this.  I'm going to guess this is going to be cheaper than $25, but I haven't priced out materials.

Here's a wide shot of tables with the rock/twig centerpieces.

Input?  Suggestions?  Show me some photos!

Re: Need table decor ideas!

• Options
    I really like the sunflowers I think they will add some color and height to the tables.  I would fear the rock/twigs will get lost in the color scheme a bit if you have the burlap runners and such.  Or maybe mix the two and alternate with the red lanterns.  Are you doing the long tables or circle tables?

Anniversary
  • Options
    They are long tables.  I can fit 6 people per table or put two tables end to end to have 12 per table.  They do not offer round tables.

The sunflowers would pop out more than other flowers I think, since more wildflowers are tiny.  What are those read stalks coming out of the 3rd photo.  Those might be too tall?

The little square candles filled with rocks would be cute in between the tall sunflower/red things.  Maybe pinecones?

I thought of spray painting a bunch of antlers white to add as table decor. 

• Options
    Pretty pavilion!

Actually, I don't think the low centerpieces are that bad, especially not if you'd hang lanterns or pompoms or such from the ceiling. Watch out with high centerpieces, if people can't see each other over them, they won't have fun.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love the look of the 3rd picture (with sunflowers)...If you're setting up like 1st pic, then you could make it one per two tables together like table 1.  That would look really good with a few votives around.

I do agree about the taller centerpieces with things hanging from the ceiling...if you did that, then I would do shorter centerpieces...I think those will define the space a little better and the shorter centerpieces would be perfect and add the right touch...
  • Options
    also, I love love love the 'cafe' lights!!!  and mixed with the floating lanterns!! <3
  • Options
    ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I'm not opposed to the wildflower look, but the goal is to make something that is under $25.  Local, in season wildflowers were as about as economical as you can get according to the florist (if going with a florist).

I can see how the last two would get lost in the color scheme.  They really only show at all because of all the white background. 

Does anyone know what those red leafed twigs are in the 3rd photo are anyway?  Probably not a July plant, huh?
  • Options
    I like the sunflowers as well. Gerber daisies are another option if you'd like something brighter?
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_need-table-decor-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:a8912314-52d2-4faf-a37c-f80ee3f2e9cbPost:1c5f0938-698b-426d-ad22-f32d82faf68f">Re: Need table decor ideas!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like the sunflowers as well. Gerber daisies are another option if you'd like something brighter?
    Posted by Madisonpenny[/QUOTE]

Just something cheaper than $25 that will fill up that table space nicely.  That's my goal! 

As you can see little bowls with floating candles (aka a cheap idea) won't really cut it on this type table.  There also won't be plates on the table - only napkins and silverware.  No glasses/cups.
  • Options
    Gerber daisies are pretty cheap, especially since they are in season in July =D it depends on the colors or look your going for.
    . Anniversary aandt image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards