Ohio-Cincinnati

Outdoor Fall Wedding

My fiance and I are looking to get married next October 2012 and have started looking for outdoor venues. We're having trouble finding anything that would fit into our low budget, rustic wedding. We love the Krippendorf Lodge but it may not be available on our date. Any suggestions of other places around here that would work well? Thanks!

Re: Outdoor Fall Wedding

• utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Outdoor wedding and reception? Anywhere you go, make sure there is a plan B since October is such an unpredictable month in Cincinnati. We are getting married at the Voice of America park. It's an outside ceremony, but inside venue. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    We are looking for an outdoor wedding and an indoor reception as well. I am looking for something a little more rustic to go with my colors and theme I want. Maybe a barn or something like that! lol I'm not having much luck around here though.
  • edited December 2011
    You could look into Aston Oaks (www.astonoaksgolfclub.com)

It may not fit your rustic scheme, but they can do outdoor ceremony with indoor reception for a reasonable price.
  • Lindseym8Lindseym8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on how many people you have, check out Hughes Center.  They have barns there that are very rustic.  I'm pretty sure they allow an outside ceremony and so then your reception would be in the barn.
  • edited December 2011
    You could do Alms or Ault park. They are both beautiful.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Pattison Park in Clermont county has a place to do an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in August of 2012. Small (75 max) outside ceremony and indoor reception. We are using the gazeebo at Pioneer Park and Terwilliger Lodge at Dulle Park. The gazeebo is large and will hold 60 seated guests, extra seating on the grassy area beyond. The lodge holds 85 people seated. They are across the street from each other on Deerfield Rd. You can check them out on the City of Montgomery website. Pioneer Park is beautiful and has a lake and wild flowers which will make for great picture ops. My photographer is uber excited!
  • dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also getting married at Voice of America Park. Although we're not having our ceremony there (we're having it at our church), they do have a place to have a ceremony outside. But there's also a building (The Lakeview Room) that could serve as a backup plan in case it rains!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was just married at Krippendorf Lodge and would highly recommend it.  Are you at all flexible with your date?  For example, 9/17 (Saturday) was taken, so I went with Friday, 9/16.  Plus, discount!!  It was beautiful and I loved that we would all fit on the covered porch or within the lodge as rain plans (that tarp for the patio is expensive).

http://nathanpeelphoto.com/weddings/melanie-and-brad-krippendorf-lodge  This is the link for our wedding photos, if you wanted to see.  We had 100 people.
  • edited December 2011
    Lakeside Lodge in Sharon Woods.  Allows you to bring in your own food and alcohol.

Hire a couple folks to "work" your wedding, and you have a very nice, but budget wedding.  They supply chairs and tables.  There is a fireplace and beautiful stone walls.  It doesn't feel "lodge like" at all once the lights are turned down and such.  FIts 120 ish I would say.

It's quite beautiful of a setting.

It's less than $500 for the day.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! I think we decided to go with Niederman Family Farm in Hamilton, Oh. It fits the rustic theme we're looking for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards