Ohio-Cincinnati

Strict Budget!!!

Like so many others, we are on a pretty tight budget when it comes to our wedding.
We are getting married in Cincinnati and are very conservative and don't necessarily want a "grand, cinderella type" wedding. AKA: we don't want to spend thousands of $$ on alcohol and food.

I have a couple questions:
Does anyone know of a reception hall that allows you to bring in your own alcohol? We would love to bring in a few kegs for the reception.
Also, in regards to catering, does anyone know of a caterer or reception hall that would serve something simple such as fried chicken, vegetables, etc?

We have been to many weddings like this in our small hometown, but seem to have trouble finding the same format around Cincinnati.
FYI: Unfortunately, we will still have around 275-300 guests.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Strict Budget!!!

• edited December 2011
    what part of town?
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Receptions.  Their open bar package is $2/pp but some brides were able to negotiate to throw that in for free.  Their all-inclusive packages is $28-40/pp.  All you would have to worry about is the ceremony, flowers, cake, and music.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Tasharocks: Any part of town east of 75 and north of the river.
  • edited December 2011
    the Receptions is a good option. i think just about every neighborhood has a public building of some sort that you can rent. have you looked at the various community centers around town?
  • edited December 2011
    check out Lake Lyndsay. Also, the Cincinnati parks have lodges you can rent out and bring your own alcohol (Sharon Woods, Voice of America, etc.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards