Ohio-Cincinnati

Need Advice!

so with all of my and FIs single friends, they arent going to be allowed to bring a date. only friends with gfs/bfs are allowed to bring them--trying to stay on budget and dont want to pay for strangers to come to my wedding! but 3 of my friends have already asked "well what if i get a bf before your wedding" or just asked me if they could bring someone anyway. help! how do i handle this?

Re: Need Advice!

• edited December 2011
    I feel the same way as Sea24Q. My rule of thumb for inviting plus ones will be if my FI or I have never met the date or heard about a significant other from our guest, then they are too new to consider important add-ons for our guest list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else's comments and am in the same position with plus 1s.  The only exception is for a few friends coming from very far away (like Australia) who won't know anyone else at the wedding.  Anyone have a game plan for what you will do if address the invitation for 1 and the person RSVPs for 2? 
  • edited December 2011
    I think its okay to not have plus ones for everyone...just limit it to those who are in long-term relationships or for OOT guests. If they RSVP with an extra person, you'll just need to make the phone call to explain to them that unfortunately you are on a strict budget and would love to allow everyone to have dates, but you just can't do it. Hopefully they'll understand. GL!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011

100% agree with Lizzie on this one. I had the same issue with some of my friends and we had to explain that we simply couldn't afford and didn't have the space to invite guests of guests. They will most likely understand. Just be firm because if you allow it for one then everyone will ask and then people will get mad.

Anniversary
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Agree with Lizzie.  And if you don't want to mention your "strict budget" (because money can be a touchy subject) you can say instead, "we're having a more intimate/smaller wedding."
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for all of the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards