Ohio-Cincinnati

Rehearsal Dinner Location

My FI and I are trying to plan the rehearsal dinner. We have hit a few bumps in the road with his parents suddenly deciding that they didn't really have the money to help with our wedding any more we are trying to regroup. We have an extremely large wedding party and our rehearsal dinner would be about 60 people.  His parents aren't willing to help research places so now the rehearsal dinner is really falling on us. We are looking for something very inexpensive but something fun and nice. Any suggestions and help would be so greatly appreciated. 

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Location

• edited December 2011
    What part of town are you looking at?
  • emmmbeeeemmmbeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're also paying for everything ourselves so we're going with Molly Malone's in Covington.  You can rent their entire second floor which has its own bar.  Their menu prices are really reasonable and they'll allow you to do a cash bar so your guests can purchase alcohol on their own if you want.  We have 35 guests and for a buffet dinner and unlimited soft drinks it's only going to be $500.
  • budde022budde022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a similar situation, my FI parents said that they could allow for $$ money in their budget to give us to help with the money, then it was they couldn't do that anymore but would help with the RD, now they aren't helping at all. We are just having a cook out at our house. My FI is going to fire up the girl and i'm making fruit displays and vegetable displays. My sister is bringing some food and also another BM of mine. To make things a little bit nicer, we are putting lights in the trees and candles on the tables. This is only going to cost us around $100. I am not sure if it is something you would be interested in but it is a thought.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • budde022budde022 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *grill... not girl just noticed that sorry
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Pompillio's in Newport.  VERY reasonable!!
  • sloanawsloanaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing ours at Dewey's in Harper's point. They can only fit up to 50, but its about 510. We are paying for it on our own as well, with a cash bar.  His parents are paying for the wedding and my parents can't help, so we were looking for good options.  Molly Malone's is really good too, fiance's sister and brother in law had theirs there too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic June Offbeat Siggy: Then and Now Pics!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards