Ohio-Cincinnati

inexpensive reception halls

I have been looking for a nice reception hall but I'm noticing that you have to use their buffet or catering companies that they approve. Does anyone know of any good catering companies or any banquet halls with good food?
Mrs. Mosley 2 be

Re: inexpensive reception halls

• I've always been impressed with The Madison's food. Opposite from that, The Center in downtown allows you to bring in whomever, you don't have to stick to a list of caterers.
  • BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Price range and number of guests?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Anticipating 150 guests. Only wanting to spend no more than 3000 total for the reception
    Mrs. Mosley 2 be
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_inexpensive-reception-halls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:3f6df9de-3677-4d40-b695-4f52f73ca121Post:d5069fde-0928-4342-ae6a-862d14090d41">Re:inexpensive reception halls</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anticipating 150 guests. Only wanting to spend no more than 3000 total for the reception
    Posted by raven&mark[/QUOTE]

I would look at community centers, they usually have very inexpensive rental fees (Less than $500) and you can bring in your own food, drinks and linens.  It will give you more flexibility to find a cater that fits your budget.  Also consider having a cocktail reception.. it could cut cost.
  • Im going with The Meadows on the west side of Cincinnati. Its affordable and absolutely GORGEOUS! Uplighting is included! I also heard nothing but great things about their food as well!

http://www.themeadowsbanquet.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm in the same boat. Friday nights are definitely cheaper, but it's still really hard finding something in our price range. Most are just outside of it.
  • So true.....Fridays does save u a ton of money. Me and my fiance were wanting to have a Saturday wedding. After searching around we have decided to go with a Friday event. It saved us about 3000.00. We decided to go with Receptions. They seem to be the least expensive.
    Mrs. Mosley 2 be
  • So true.....Fridays does save u a ton of money. Me and my fiance were wanting to have a Saturday wedding. After searching around we have decided to go with a Friday event. It saved us about 3000.00. We decided to go with Receptions. They seem to be the least expensive.
    Mrs. Mosley 2 be
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards