July 2012 Weddings
Options

How Did....

You meet your fiance'?

I'm sure you all posted this a long time ago, but I only recently started joining in on the board and would love to hear people's stories on how they met their soon- to-be hubby :-)
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: How Did....

• Options
    We met online too. :) I had just broken up with someone and moved back home to NH and went online and set up a profile on plentyoffish thinking to make friends. Within a week he messaged me with a form letter he sent to all the girls he thought were cute so I responded sort of making fun of it. lol. Then we just started messaging back and forth every day and a few days later I sent him my number and he called me that night. He didn't make the best first impression because he was so nervous he monopolized the whole conversation and I barely spoke, but I gave him a second chance because he was so cute. The next conversation went a lot better and about a week later I agreed to go out on a date with him. As soon as he saw me he kissed me and we went out mini-golfing. After that date he asked me to go to ME with him and his nephew and nephew's girlfriend and I agreed, but my parents wanted to meet him first, so they did and interogated him. That weekend I agreed to be his girlfriend after saying no every time he asked since we first started talking and about 3 weeks ater he moved in with me and a month after that we got an apartment together. We just knew as soonn as we were boyfriend and girlfriend that this was it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    We both went to the same University and we were both involved with Greek Life. We had a lot of common friends, I hung out with his roommates a handful of times, but the had a party/get together the Thursday before Halloween 2009...he pulled the I lost my phone will you call it, so I can find it trick to get my phone number. We pretty much hung out all weekend at various parties, he asked me out sometime the following week, I held out on him a little bit, but we started officially dating on 11/10/09 and have been inseparable since!! 
  • Options
    bblouinbblouin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    My story is really long. I sat next to him freshman year of high school in math class I thought he was cute. I needed help his exact response was "if you are that stupid you should probably be in the special needs class" we took honors courses. I was so upset. At this time a magazine drive was going on for the school. He was riding his bike door to door and a drunk driver hit himm, thank god for his helmet. It was a VERY VERY bad accident. He was clinically dead on the scene, they had to do CPR. He was in a coma for three weeks, with very little brain activity. They were about to take him off life support when he gave the boy scout sign to his scoutmaster when he came to say good bye they are HUGE into scouting. He was hit September 28 and was in rehab until April. He had to relearn everything. He was one of the smartest people Ive ever met. In the 7th grade he got an almost perfect score on SAT kinda smart. At school we had learned he had barely survived and he would be Very low functioning. Fast forward 10 years. I just went back to school to get my bachelors in nursing and I was sitting in cafeteria alone and my friend invited me to join her and her friend Matt. I'm sitting there knowing I know him but can't remember from where. Finally it hits me and I scream " your Matt D". Haha so he was in college getting his bachelors degree he had done amazingly. I asked him to meet me at the gym later and we talked all night. He gave me a peck on the cheek. I had a boy friend of 3 years at the time and I went to his house that night and told him sorry I've met the man I'm marrying.
  • Options
    college swim team :) 
  • Options
    We were set up.  One of my ex's friends told me it was time for me to move on and he had a better guy for me to meet.  He worked with my FI, and showed him a picture.  He told FI we would we perfect togeter (and told me te same thing).  I said I didn't want to be set up.  One night, he decided to set us up anyway.  He invited my FI out and me out and we ended up hitting it off.  He invited me to hot chocolate the next night (because I told him I didn't drink coffee).  I thought that was cute.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I met him when I was 16 and he was 17 in high school. We went to a deaf school, he was mainstreamed about 6 hours away until his senior year when he decided he'd like to meet more deaf people and learn about his culture. I've always thought he was brave for changing schools, especially move over six hours away. I remember we both weren't impressed with each other at first!!

We didn't start dating until I was 19 and he was 20 though. Can't believe that was six years ago!!!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_how-did?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:aa607589-7a52-4695-9ee4-9bab81d814ccPost:c96c822e-81a9-4adf-85cf-dad0f8c6dd04">Re:How Did....</a>:
    [QUOTE]My story is really long. I sat next to him freshman year of high school in math class I thought he was cute. I needed help his exact response was "if you are that stupid you should probably be in the special needs class" we took honors courses. I was so upset. At this time a magazine drive was going on for the school. He was riding his bike door to door and a drunk driver hit himm, thank god for his helmet. It was a VERY VERY bad accident. He was clinically dead on the scene, they had to do CPR. He was in a coma for three weeks, with very little brain activity. They were about to take him off life support when he gave the boy scout sign to his scoutmaster when he came to say good bye they are HUGE into scouting. He was hit September 28 and was in rehab until April. He had to relearn everything. He was one of the smartest people Ive ever met. In the 7th grade he got an almost perfect score on SAT kinda smart. At school we had learned he had barely survived and he would be Very low functioning. Fast forward 10 years. I just went back to school to get my bachelors in nursing and I was sitting in cafeteria alone and my friend invited me to join her and her friend Matt. I'm sitting there knowing I know him but can't remember from where. Finally it hits me and I scream " your Matt D". Haha so he was in college getting his bachelors degree he had done amazingly. I asked him to meet me at the gym later and we talked all night. He gave me a peck on the cheek. I had a boy friend of 3 years at the time and I went to his house that night and told him sorry I've met the man I'm marrying.
    Posted by bblouin[/QUOTE]

What an incredible story - and what an insane story of triumph for him
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards