Ohio-Cincinnati

Return Address

If you didn't have your return address printed on your envelopes, what did you use?  A stamp?  A label?  handwritten?  print them yourself? 

Also, for both the return address, and the address on the RSVPs, does it matter what name we put above the mailing address?  FI and I are co-hosting with my parents.  (Not sure if that matters or if I just put my name since I'm the one who will be collecting and tallying them)

Re: Return Address

• edited December 2011
    We used an embosser to do the RSVP addresses on the outer envelope, and then used wrap around labels for the RSVPs.  What you put for the RSVP address is really up to you, but it should be the same name as the address it's going to (i.e. if you're the one collecting the RSVPs, and they're coming to your address, why would it have your parents' name on it?).

If you live with your FI and you have guests who might be uncomfortable with that fact, you can always just use the following on the RSVP:

The Yourlast name / Fi's Last name Wedding
    123 Main Street
    Cincinnati, Ohio 45220

hth
  • edited December 2011
    we did an RSVP online through RSVPit.com  then used personalized return labels from vistaprint
  • edited December 2011
    I did a wrap-around label with the addressee on the font and the return address on the little portion that goes around the back. I didn't put names for the return address at all, just the address itself. I'm not sure if that's technically good etiquette but the names didn't fit on my little flap. 

I don't have any advice on whose names to put in your case, though. I used my parents' names for the RSVP because I had them as hosts on the invite. How are you phrasing the invite text? I think the hosts in that wording are who the RSVPs should be addressed to. If it's joint hosting in the invite text, I think hrparker's suggestion could work.
  • edited December 2011
    we are doing an RSVP post card, and are putting my parent's address no the post card, with no name.  So it will only say:

123 Main Street
    Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions.  I think I'll just put my name and address on the RSVP postcard and do an address without a name for the return address on the outer envelope. 

and FYI - I just bought a stamp for the return address from Vistaprint to save my fingers a little bit of writing.  Got it for free, other than shipping, which was $6. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards