Ohio-Cincinnati

Hi All!  Just wanted to say a quick hello to all the brides to be! My name is Courtney and I will be marrying my fiance this fall! :) 
I am fairly new to the planning process (just got engaged in December) but I have been a lurker for a while.
My wedding is September 24, 2011 at Manor House.
The ceremony will be in the gazebo and the reception in the Crystal Room.
Other vendors I have so far:
Photography: Chris Shenton
DJ : Great Day Productions

I am currently working on the cake, the videographer and the florist.
We did a cake tasting last night at Spoon Fulla Sugar and it was fabulous.  We also want to try Patricia's. 

I am meeting Blue Canister Films for the video on Monday. Lifetime Films & Poetic Cinema were booked for my date, but recommended Brian @ Blue Canister.

I have gotten one floral quote from Terri Muennich at A Gathering of Flowers and I have a meeting with Two Little Buds tomorrow and Susan Foy next weekend.

Any suggestions on your favorite vendors for cake or flowers?
Thanks!

Re: Newbie

• newsgrl39newsgrl39 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome to the board! I am using flying buttercream for my cake and susan foy the wedding designer for my flowers. Both have been awesome to work with so far. Another place you may want to look for at cakes in Fantasy in Frosting. They were awesome as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

Congratulations and Welcome! My wedding is 9/10/11

You can check out for cake(Cakes by Mindy) http://www.facebook.com//#!/album.php?id=112963762076500&aid=7342

Floral: http://www.martisfloraldesigns.com/index2.php

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Susan foy for my flowers, Patricia's for my cake, and Kathryn Siefert for my officiant. All have been wonderful.
  • edited December 2011
    CONGRATS on the engagement! This board has been a god-send for me! I am using Flying Buttercream for my cake and have a consultation with Susan Foy for flowers. Make as many appointments as you need until you find someone who clicks with you and you're comfortable with. Happy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LimegroveLimegrove member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! We will be having ours at the Manor House also, but not until next year. I have tried a few things from a spoon full of sugar at a bridal show and it was awesome, but thats the only wedding cake i have tried so far. I want to check out the Bonbonnerie's wedding cakes (I have become addicted to their bakery), and IncrEdible endings.
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  I'm glad you're on board!

Like ppl said above, I'm going with Susan Foy The Wedding Designer.  Her work is gorgeous and very reasonable.  I am completely confident with her.

We're also going with Patricia's for cake.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mizzjenzmizzjenz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats, and welcome!!! you have alot planned!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and Wecome! We are using Flying Buttercream for our cake and were really happy with our tasting with her. Our wedding is next weekend, so I'll be able to give a review on the finished cake very soon!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• kmorgan28kmorgan28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!

Just booked my date for cake with Spoon Fulla Sugar.  We also looked at Patricia's and Bonbonerie but liked SFS the best!  The cake was so moist and yummy..

I'm doing flowers through Katie Elfers and Inspired Floral Design in Covington.  A little difficult to get a hold of at first, but totally worth it.  LOVE her.. really connected with her on what I want for flowers.

Happy Planning!  It goes fast!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • nics21nics21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Jerry's cheesecakes and getting a mix of wedding cake and cheesecake, they are really tasty and affordable.

My sister had spoon fulla sugar at her wedding a few years ago and they were great, too.  She had a whole desert table and everything was a hit.

A few friends have used mills video and the videos turned out really good.

I booked my cake about a month ago and was surprised to find that a lot of people recommended on the boards were booked (also a fall wedding), so I think you will probably have better luck with the bigger bakeries i.e. bonbonerie, patricia's, and SFS.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    welcome! i'm getting married on the same day, but in Florida--happy planning :)
  • weishaslweishasl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats I am also getting married 9/24/11! We are using patricia's for our cake. She did my future sister-in-laws and it was so yummy! Mills Films is booked for that date and sorry we are the ones who swiped up Poetic Cinema. For flowers we are using Sharon Ross, she works out of her home so her prices are very reasonable and she does great work. She is located on the west side so I don't know if that is a far travel for you. Good luck with planning and congrats again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I am having a lot of fun planning! I have tried getting ahold of flying buttercream a couple times w no luck. Weishasl - could you give me an idea of what poetic cinema offers in their packages and for what price? Just trying to gauge other packages I have seen. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards