Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

9/16/11 Review (Rustic, Outdoors, Budget)

Venue and Catering: Krippendorf Lodge and Elegant Fare (Julie): A-
The lodge was beautiful and the food was delicious!  They even sent all the leftovers home with my sister, who was in charge of getting leftover cake home.  Everything was set up beautifully and quickly.  The things not so great: Julie would sometimes not respond to my emails for 3-7 days.  Even with numbering the tables on a drawing, they mixed up a bunch of tables (not really a big deal). Also, be sure to be vocal about your budget.  The first food quotes I received were ridiculous, but Julie and I were able to work out a delicious meal with my budget. PM me for more details.

Cake: BonBonerie: A+
The cake was delicious and beautiful!!  The BonBonerie was also extremely helpful and generous at the tasting.  

Flowers: Kroger-Newport: A
Erica worked with me on flowers and I worried that she didn't quite see what I was going for, but flowers weren't a huge deal, so I didn't stress.  You guys, she put together the biggest, most beautiful bouquets ever--totally with the vision I had in mind.  She put together 4 bouquets, 3 bouts, and 7 corsages for $200.  Highly recommend.

Photography: Nathan Peel:A+++
Nathan was the best decision ever!  He took gorgeous, breathtaking photos and was with us for 12 hours on the wedding day.  He even bought us drinks at the pub later that night.  Super nice guy, very quick turnaround, very high quality.  Worth every penny of the $2400 we hired him at.

Dress (Bride and Bridesmaids): David's Bridal: A
I had no problems with David's.  They were attentive and helpful. They let me try on every dress I wanted to try on and even suggested dresses for me.  I did not get alterations done there.

Suits: Men's Wearhouse: A
Brad had coupons from David's Bridal for 1/2 off of suits, so he and the guys all got suits they could keep.  With the coupons, the cost was reasonable and he bought dress shirts at Kohls to complete the look.

Favors: Daffy Apple: A+
We made caramel apples ourselves, but ordered the caramel from Daffy Apple.  If you're not in the summer, they'll ship caramel apples to you for a great price.  If you're in the summer, you can order supplies from them.  I thought it was a great deal and their website was very informative.  Our apples were delicious and we had plenty of caramel.

I blog about the wedding, even the budget, at www.melanieandbrad.blogspot.com.  If you have any questions, feel free to comment over there or to PM me here.

Re: 9/16/11 Review (Rustic, Outdoors, Budget)

• Options
    dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations &  thanks for the reviews! It sounds like you had a wonderful day :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kellyprice02kellyprice02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! I just viewed Krippendorf Lodge today for a potential summer 2012 venue.  I wanted to ask you about the catering prices.  The cheapest buffet menu quoted me at $58.95 for 120 guests.  How were you able to lower this price? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!
  • Options
    I emailed Julie a sample budget and asked if there was any way we could work out a menu.  She gave me some entree options (pork with port mustard, pork with barbeque, chicken teragon (sp?), lemon herb chicken, and roast beef). and sides. We went with fruit and cheese trays for cocktail hour to save money, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards