Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

dayton art institute or the cannery art+design

Hi girls,
I recently got word that the restaurant we hoped to have our dinner/reception can't commit to our event.  So now we're branching out and looking at some other venues.  Has anyone had experience with Dayton Art Institute or the Cannery Arts+Design Center?  I have an appointment with the Center next week and have left a message for the guy at DAI.  There's not much info on the DAI website as far as pricing, etc. so if anyone has any ideas, please share! Thanks!

Re: dayton art institute or the cannery art+design

• Options
    GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got info from DAI a while back when I was searching for a venue, and although I dont remember the exact price, I do remember it was expensive. But its beautiful and huge, so its great it you have alot of people attending your wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    adfrasure1adfrasure1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the DAI on New Years Eve of this year. I am very excited! Chuck has been wonderful to work with and he can recommend some great vendors if you don't have everything picked out. It is a little expensive, but you get the whole place to yourselves so people can wonder in and out of galleries during the reception. We are paying a little under $4000, for three different rooms and basically the whole building. I would highly recommend the DAI
  • Options
    jmbdwjmbdw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The DAI is beautiful. I am getting married there in February and got the 'off-season' discount. Chuck definitely is very helpful, but you have to use their specific caterer and they are pretty expensive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i just spoke to Chuck a little bit ago--he seemed great and did tell me about the off-season discount so that helps.....not sure about the caterer pricing, though--will definitely have to run it by my fiance to see what he thinks....wish there was someone who had used the cannery art+design center....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards