Ohio-Cincinnati

Caramel Apples

We plan on giving out caramel apples as our favor but are needing them to sit for a week in our refrigerator. I was looking and seeing that this may not be the best idea. But I am also on a budget of about $2 an apple. Does anyone know where I can buy apples already made besides Kroger and Meijer? Does any bakeries sell them? Any ideas? 

Re: Caramel Apples

• edited December 2011

I've bought them online before for a gift to send to a friend,  but they were about $7.50 per apple and that was on sale.  That is a great idea though!  Let us know if you find out a good place to get them, I would be interested to know.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2012 April Siggy Challenge: Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'm totally throwing my friend's bakery in here. She's making our whole cookie and candy bar and she'll make anything you ask. It's trix and treats sweets and she is in mason. Definitely shoot an e-mail and explain your budget and stuff. She's great!

www.trixandtreatssweets.com
  • hbrockman01hbrockman01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

McGlasson's (I call it a farm) but its on Route 8 in NKY. They make homemade carmel apples from apples they pick... They are $2.50 each if you buy there. If you call them maybe they can do something where if you buy bulk...

http://www.mcglassonfarms.com/

Their apples are by far the best!

• edited December 2011
    We hand-dipped caramel apples for my 9-16-11 wedding the weekend before and they sat in his parents' cool basement for a week.  They were delicious.  I had two that then sat in our fridge for a week and we ate them when we got back from honeymoon.  Still delicous. 

We ordered our caramel from Daffy Apple and got the apples from Meijer.  Daffy does sell pre-made apples, depending on when your wedding is.  The premade apples and the loose supplies both fit in your budget.  I think I have more of the price breakdown on my blog under Budget and Vendors.  Feel free to PM me, too.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your replies! I actually was able to still order from Daffy Apple . They have some that once you add in the shipping that came out to be about $2 an apple. Check them out if you like this idea! Just give them about 3 weeks ahead of time! I am very excited I found them! www.daffyapple.com is their website! 
  • edited December 2011
    Daffy Apples look UHmazing. I am seriously considering them as our favors as well.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards