Ohio-Cincinnati

Middletown, Ohio

Hi everyone! I just got engaged last week. I have been with my FI for close to 10 years and we have 2 little girls together. I dont really know what we have been waiting for all this time lol.

Both of our families live in the Middletown area, so I am looking for minimal traveling time. I have to say it is very difficult! We are looking for an outdoor wedding around September 24th/25th. Our 10 year anniversary is on September 26th. We dont have a ton of money to spend, so I am not looking in the Cincy area. It just happens to be the closest location of my available options. 

Is anyone closer to me and having the same problem? Also, does anyone know of people in the Middletown area for venues for the Ceremony and Reception? I am very close to his family, as he is to mine. We have a pretty small budget and around 75 guests.

Any suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Middletown, Ohio

• edited December 2011
    I know someone who is having their reception at the VFW Hall off of Central Ave. Don't know any details, but maybe you can check it out.
  • edited December 2011
    I think you have to be a member to do it there? I will have to check and see.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dmiller9274dmiller9274 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You might check out Shaker Run. That's where we're having our reception, but they just had a big project this past summer and made another outdoor ceremony location. It's beautiful! They have two different places that you could have your reception too. The new outdoor ceremony site is just outside of the smaller room, and it's so pretty. They have a nice stone fireplace and windows all the way around (except for the bathrooms:) It's pretty enough in the room to do the ceremony too if you had rain or something with the weather come up. Talk to Julie Gutzwiller, she's amazing and has been so awesome in working with us. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • katiea22katiea22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Benham's Grove in Centerville...were having our ceremony and reception there for around 1200
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would look at Lake Lyndsay in Trenton/Hamilton. They have a variety of banquet halls to choose from.

http://www.lakelyndsay.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

What does 1200 at Benhams Grove include if you dont mind me asking??? I am calling them today!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards