July 2012 Weddings
Options

Review of my wedding, a small vent and PIPs-LONG

Hi Ladies,

Well I posted before but it was just pics.  I never actually wrote anything but I simply just didn't have time.

Since Wednesday before the wedding all I did was run around like a crazy lady and try to prepare every and anything that wasn't ready for FILs dinner on Friday evening for Tom and I, get the very last minute things done for the wedding and then prepare everything that would be needed for a sunday brunch and gift opening Tom and I were throwing for any guests who would like to join us on Sunday.

Friday- Tom and I picked all the rentals that we needed and helped his parents with any major set up they needed help with for the party that was being thrown in our honor.  The food that Toms mom made was amazing and his parents backyard was transformed to the point that I barely recognized it.  Everyone had a great time.

Sat- I woke up and headed over to the salon with some dear ladies of mine.  My videographer, photographer and the hair stylists coudln't believe that I was the bride.  I was so calm and relaxed.  I brought breakfast items for everyone to nibble on while we got ready and figured this may have been the only time I would get to eat until dinner, so I indulged.
After the salon, my parents, brother and his g/f and I headed over to the venue to do our own set-up.  When I got there, my caterer was late and no one could begin set-up because they had all our linens.  My venue called and blasted the caterer telling them to get their butt down there.  They finally showed up 1.5 hrs after they were supposed to. It was 3:30pm and I was still at my venue getting ready while I was supposed to have been 20 mins away at the B&B where my parents were getting ready and a classic car was picking me up.  Needless to say I high-tailed it once most items were taken care of and made it to the B&B in 7.5 mins (someone was looking out for me and making sure there was no cops on the country roads).  Half way to the B&B I realized that I had forgotten my bouquet and my parents corsage and bout.  My videographer who was travelling with me called my photographer who was just leaving the site  to meet me(and helped me set-up which is not in her job description) got these items and raced them down to me
Once I arrived at the B&B I rushed upstairs with my videographer and began getting ready.  I can't believe that we actually got al the shots that we had planned to get while getting ready.  I was in my dress and had my make-up done in about 15 mins.
My dad and I rushed down stairs and hopped in the classic car and we were off.  The car didn't go more than 20 mph so it was a nice ride that helped calm me down but at the same time I couldn't keep my eyes off the clock as I was watching the time become even later and later.
When I finally arrived at the ceremony and heard my music begin I was so relieved, and I think Tom was too.  I was 30 mins. late, but do wedding really start at exact time their supposed to?  My dad walked me down the aisle and I think I cried almost the whole time, Tom got choked up to.  Our ceremony was gorgeous and had a few comedic moments which eased everyone and kept them entertained.
When it was reception time and they announced us as Mr and Mrs. we went straight into our first dance.  I didn't have a chance to loop my train onto my wrist so we kept getting mixed up and stepping on my dress.  As this was happening I was whispering to Tom on how to undo the skirt and I was going to remove it.  I told him there was an eyelet that he had to undo and once that was undone he just had to slid a zipper down.  When I felt the zipper go down I took a step back and just slide it off as fast as I could.  Everyone was shocked and jumped up from their seats (those who were sitting) and cheered and hollered.  It was a great introduction.
The food was delicious, everyone had fun.  The speeches were comedic but sentimental and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.
I think I danced so much and I was so much fun (I'm usually calm and cool, and sometimes a little too serious) that even Toms brothers didn't know I could be so outgoing.

VENT- My caterer, like I mentioned were late.  When we had met with them previously we asked that if any food was left over, could we bring it home.  They said sure but bring coolers and something to pack them into.  Tom and I brought lots of coolers and I bought tons of freezer bags to pack the food into.  When it came time for the caterer to do good and pack the food up, the head chef told Tom that if he wanted it pack to do it himself and walk away.  Tom had steam coming out of his ears he responded with " okay buddy don't walk away from me.  Let's get this something straight, I'm paying you and I'm the groom, your packing it up and don't think I won't be calling your boss on Monday"  Well the 2 waiters, Toms parents, one of his brothers and Tom ended up packing the food up.  When I found out about all this I was ready to go into battle.  It's a good thing that I was told it was taken care of.  Needless to say when Monday came and we called his boss, he was not impressed with his employee.  The boss even called all the other employees to find out if what were saying was true because other  things happened as well ad they all confirmed what we were saying

Here is a link to my previous post that has the link to some photos from our wedding that my photographer is teasing me with.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_heres-my-teaser

Tom and I are now on our roadtrip honeymoon and are about to unwind and relax and finally enjoy ourselves after all the stress we were under.
. Anniversary aandt image

Re: Review of my wedding, a small vent and PIPs-LONG

• Options

Sounds like overall it was great, and I'm still in love with your photos lol. I knew you had a convertible dress, but I had no clue you were going to reveal the shorter skirt on the dancefloor like that. So cool!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So beautiful! I love the piano in the field! Gorgeous! We went on a road trip as well. It was a minimoon but so much fun! Your caterers employee sounds like a diiick and not trying to rub it in or anything but my wedding started on time and actually a little early I think. It's different for everyone. It matters where the problems arise that kind of dictates the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards