Ohio-Cincinnati

Wedding is ruined

At this point, I feel it's not even our wedding anymore. Just like my 21st birthday, everyone is killing this for me. My heart is still in marrying him, but not in celebrating with these deceitful, selfish people. I'm at the point where I want to break down crying. This is when everything is supposed to come together and instead, it's all falling apart. I just wish I could give up and elope...I'm over this. :(
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Wedding is ruined

• edited December 2011
    Ugh, I hope things getting better for you whatever is going on. We had issues of people taking things from us which lead us to call things off until we could do it ourselves (I see you're 2 weeks away) but I hope that things work out for you and you can enjoy your big day.
  • AllSonrisasAllSonrisas member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a whole bunch of selfish people that will be standing with us. I thought we were picking people who cared about us and supported our decision. All they care about is themselves. I'm seriously hurt. It seems like no one really gives a care but us and my tiny family. Everyone is trying to make themselves happy. It's not even as though we are asking for a lot...I want to cry, scream, and a mountain of other things. 
  • GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    edited December 2011

Do you care to share what's going on?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Weddings, funerals and birth brings out the worst in people. Sorry hun! Undecided

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

edited December 2011
    We told the groomsmen oh...July...only over a month after we got engaged what they would be wearing. We gave them all the information they needed to purchase their shirts! It was a bright green color which isn't an easy color to find. We told them when we moved it up, which wasn't too far into July. 

Yesterday is when they ALL decided to buy the shirt. Mind you, this is after FI text them all to see who had the shirt because his brother said they didn't have the color and he WILL NOT be paying that much for the shirt. 

None of them had bought it. They all thought you know...3 weeks before the wedding is the perfect time to get it. They don't sell the color anymore! So I've been searching and searching. Finally found a shirt last night, but it only comes in one size. 

His brother has been a diva...he's been trying to sway this wedding to his liking. Also, one of my bridesmaids thinks it's so easy to just switch colors...3 weeks away! She was a problem when it came to her dress. She had to order off a different website and now she's gonna look...uhm...non-classy?

I know it's casual but really...I don't understand what is so hard about all this? I've also had BM complain about how they can't find silver flats. I found silver flats within 5 minutes of being online. My suspicion is they want something super stylish. The ones I found were only like $10? I mean they are wearing them for a day. 

I just feel as though everyone is lying to me and they don't respect us enough to just bite the bullet and do what we asked! I haven't been mean at all or super demanding. For goodness sake, my only requirement for the dress was Horizon blue in silk! And silver flats. And the guys....all they had to do was order the darn shirt in bright green and wear white pants and shoes with it. I'm over all of this crap..
    edited December 2011
    Oh and btw....price shouldn't have been an issue as we offered to help them buy the shirts if they needed help!
    edited December 2011
    I mean then there's his mom...she told him my entire famiy should be paying for this because I am their GIFT to him. Like is this 1950? WE are paying for it! The irony in that being that her daughter is also getting married, and she's not spending a DIME! My mom was really offended...I mean my sister has been in and out the hospital for 14 years. Those bills don't pay themselves. I don't see how she can say those things about my mom when she doesn't even know her situation! My mom never gets upset about anything...but she was very upset about that. She even suggested going to VA Beach to elope and not telling his mother. Just way too much drama...I'm over it all.
  • edited December 2011
    can you change it up a little and have the guys in a white shirt (or another easier to find color) and green ties in the shade you want? if so i'd just buy the shirts and ties so you don't have to count on them any more. i wouldn't worry about the girls' shoes.

just trying to help. i've been married a little over a week and i am so glad we kept things simple. at this point in your timeline, the fewer tasks left up in the air means you'll have less to stress about. cut anything that isn't necessary and take care of what HAS to be done yourself NOW so you're not worried. focus on getting married and having fun and you will despite any bad thing that happens.
    edited December 2011
    We offered to pay in the beginning, because we had the money. When everyone declined, we spent that money on other things. I don't have the money to pay for their shirts now. We might have found someone to custom make them for $15 each. 

Also, we weren't doing ties. If the guy can't make the shirts, though, that is definitely an option. Thank you.
  • dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I'm sorry you're going through all of this so close to your wedding day! I know how stressed you must be. Just try to relax & don't worry about the little things. The most important thing is that you will be married at the end of all this :) I hope everything works out for you! GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    OMG this is the saddest situation!  And it will be like a black cloud over your ceremony and future together (his mom's attitude ain't gonna' change, that's obvious).  I'll bet you wish you could run away from it all.  We send you our good thoughts.
  • utegogglesutegoggles member
    edited December 2011
  • BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is why I'm not worrying about color coordination or having any sort of bride's maids, etc, etc. Just try to focus on the fact that you're marrying a wonderful man and this is just the start of a new chapter in your life. It's so easy to get focused on the small details (and I understand your problem is with the attitudes - not necessarily with the colors) rather than focus on what a wonderful occasion this is.

I know..I went all Dr. Phil..and I understand your frustration - but if I was in your situation - that's what I would do. Focus on our relationship, our love, the actual meaning behind the wedding and just try to block out the rest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the well wishes, ladies! We find out about the shirts tonight. 

• BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck. :) keep us updated!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    It's looking like a no for the custom shirts. We're just going to put the guys in all white and a green tie. I'm kind of nervous having them in white, but FI and I will be in ivory so maybe it will contrast well? Any suggestions on their shirt colors ladies? My girls are in blue. I can put them in hot pink with a green tie. =] Which makes me smile considering they have let me down.
  • edited December 2011
    there's nothing wrong with white next to ivory. i wore an ivory dress and my hubby wore a white shirt (no jacket) and it worked just fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards