Ohio-Cincinnati

Great American Ball Park

Hello everyone!  I have a friend who is interested in having her wedding reception at GABP.  I've been doing a little bit of researching, but can't seem to find a per person price anywhere.  Does anyone know if they cater the reception or if you bring in your own caterer?  TIA!
DSCF5315
BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Great American Ball Park

• LimegroveLimegrove member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I couldnt find any pricing either, but i did find a few pages that might help. They do not allow anyone to bring in food or drinks, all food done onsite.. Here are some links that might help Main page http://mlb.mlb.com/cin/ballpark/private_events/index.jsp Form to submit for more informatioin https://secure.mlb.com/cin/ballpark/private_events_form.jsp Catering information can be found on this page http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/ballpark/private_events/index.jsp?content=info Good luck :)
  • edited December 2011
    We seriously considered GABP.  We LOVED Jillian Johnson, the coordinator, but found the caterer to be a total PIA.  You do have to use their caterer and they're not very flexible on food options.  The caterer told us we could not serve peanuts at the cocktail hour because they were too messy.  You're a ball park, for crying out loud!!  The final straw was that the caterer would not let us do a food tasting in advance (even for a fee) and we were really unsure about the food choices and glazes.  They assured us that this was industry standard, but it seemed crazy to us to spend north of $10K and not even know that we would like the entree choice.  So we decided on another venue that make the day all about us instead of all about them.  That said, we frequently lament that it's a shame we couldn't work with the ball park, it really would have been fun!  If you contact Jillian, she can send you the pricing and is super to work with!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much you two!  My friend got engaged in front of it, so we thought it would be cool if they had their reception there!
    DSCF5315
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • nics21nics21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I worked at the riverfront club like 6 years ago and the food was REALLY REALLY GOOD.  Very upscale, tasty, and well done.

Not sure if much has changed since then, but I worked a few rehearsal dinners at the time there and it seemed nice and everyone had a good time.
  • edited December 2011
    That's great to hear! 

I tried calling the event coordinator, but it went straight to voicemail.  Does anyone have any idea what the per person price tends to be?  Are there a few menus to choose from in different price points?  TIA!
    DSCF5315
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Just thought I'd share my experience with you that I just had with GABP since you're considering them..

A month ago we met with their event coordinator, her name was Sally Graytek  though not Jillian..So maybe they have more than one?  But we looked at the room overlooking the river for our rehearsal dinner.  We absolutely loved it and Sally said she would tentatively hold it for us for a few weeks and call us if anyone called inquiring about the date we wanted.  We contacted them THREE days after meeting and being told the room was held for us with no answer.  Called all week getting voice mail and leaving messages telling them we definitely want a contract written up.  She finally called back saying the room was booked for a different event that date and she couldn't do anything for us, SORRY!  Pretty ridiculous.  We ended up talking to her boss who for some reason told me that "oh yes I see your tentative hold is in our computer, not sure why no one called you.. but an all day event has been booked on that day"

Pretty bad experience here that I thought should be shared for anyone interested.
  • edited December 2011
    This is so upsetting! I would have loved to have my reception there, but it doesn't seem like anyone has had a good experience! Thanks for all the advice, and thanks Kate for getting the question posted!!
  • edited December 2011
    Well, send Jillian a message at JJohnson@reds.com, she's such a sweet girl.  The unknown food was a really big deal for us, but the venue was really cool.  Drop her a line and see if you can work something out.  You should have the wedding you've dreamed of!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards