July 2012 Weddings

Selling your wedding stuff

Is anyone else trying to sell your leftovers?

Just wondering if anyone was having any luck.  I've sold a couple of items on the Classifieds boards and one thing on Ebay, but I want to get rid of more!

Re: Selling your wedding stuff

• I don't have anything to sell.  My family "stole" our centerpieces so I couldn't sell the vases.  Really my mom told them to take them so we didn't have to  deal with them and she bought them all! haha

But have you tried craigs list?  I'd just keep posting to those sites I guess.  What all do you have?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I haven't really started trying yet. I sold four centerpieces without trying lol At our second reception, someone told me she'd buy some, so I said sure! I also gave one to my flower girl. We have 10 left, but 5 are still in Indiana, where the wedding was. I'm waiting until my parents bring those out. hopefully in November. They also have all of my linens that I need to sell. I'm just kind of waiting to list everything at once. I plan to start with Craigslist because some of the stuff (like the centerpieces) are too big/awkard/breakable to ship.

imageAnniversary
  • yeah I've sold a few things here and there...some weeks are slow, some days its hot...but I've heard craigslist is a winner...I've been tempted to put it up on ebay...also, don't put it on weddingbee.com's site...you get a lot of spam from it...
  • I was able to sell my tablecloths to another girl using our reception site, getting married in Novemeber.   That was probably my largest purchase, so I'm glad I was able to do that without having to ship.  I listed a few of my items on Ebay and already sold one of them.

I notice a lot of the girls on the Classified's boards are looking for very particular colors and I keep wanting to tell them "No one will care about as much about your decor! Save yourself some money and buy someone else's wedding stuff if it's close!".
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_selling-your-wedding-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:acdb91eb-54f2-4a30-82ee-d2d0fe06903aPost:80ae4f1b-e4d7-4a65-8923-f1dc050e7776">Re: Selling your wedding stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was able to sell my tablecloths to another girl using our reception site, getting married in Novemeber.   That was probably my largest purchase, so I'm glad I was able to do that without having to ship.  I listed a few of my items on Ebay and already sold one of them. I notice a lot of the girls on the Classified's boards are looking for very particular colors and I keep wanting to tell them <strong>"No one will care about as much about your decor! Save yourself some money and buy someone else's wedding stuff if it's close!"</strong>.
    Posted by KatieK501[/QUOTE]

This made me LOL!  So true but I don't think many people will listen unfortunately because I know I wouldn't have! haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_selling-your-wedding-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:acdb91eb-54f2-4a30-82ee-d2d0fe06903aPost:3f68cec3-763c-4ec1-a555-e86de09a34e6">Re: Selling your wedding stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Selling your wedding stuff : This made me LOL!  So true but I don't think many people will listen unfortunately because I know I wouldn't have! haha
    Posted by honeybear072012[/QUOTE]

I know; I'm sure I wouldn't have either!
  • I sold my linens soon after the wedding on Craigslist, but most of my centerpieces are still at my parent's house. Eventually I'm going to sell it all together as a bundle. Craigslist is awesome. I've sold and bought so many things using it. Heck, that's how i BOUGHT about half of our centerpieces.
  • I actually got quite a few things from another knottie...it saved us a lot of money! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards