Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Top beers to Serve?!?!?

Hi Ladies, I am posting this for a friend who is getting married in a few weeks. They are trying to pick what beers to serve at the reception. So far, they will be having Bud Light and Budweiser. They are trying to decide on one or 2 more completely different beers. (Heineken, Guiness, ect.) They are ordering tomorrow, so any help is much appreciated! Thanks Ladies!
The Future Mrs. Quallick Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Top beers to Serve?!?!?

• Options
    Yeungling
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Corona was huge at our wedding. Yuenling might be another good suggestion or even a Sam Adams Winter Ale. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'd suggest Yeungling since it just came to Cincy. Or Killian's. I personally don't think heavy beers will be really popular except for those few who really like it. A guiness isn't something that you drink in between dance breaks. 

Think of beer as gasoline:

Leaded: Budweiser
    Unleaded: Bud Light
    Premium: Killian's, Yeungling, Sam Adams,etc
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Heather, that's a fantastic tip!  Think of beer as gasoline....that'll come in handy when it's our time to select which brands to serve.
  • Options
    As a Philly native who is living in Cincinnati, I'd advise *against* Yuengling.  It is good for one or two, but after that it tastely like a malty, old Bud.  Echk.  For premium, you can't go wrong with a craft brew.  There are some particularly nice winter ale, stouts and porters.  Bell's, Great Lakes and Dogfish Head will satisfy any beer snobs in the crowd.

Happy tasting!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would have to agree with above post. I think people are only hyped about Yuengling because it just came here but it's not much different than Bud and I think there are better beers out there. I'm not a big beer drinker but I enjoy Michelob and my FI actually was looking at Blue Moon (I honestly don't know anyone who doesn't like it) and Sam Adams, and everyone was happy with it. I just would try something Different and I don't see yue, as too different. Good luck to them
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards