Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Non-denominational churches for ceremony in Cincinnati (near covington KY)

Hey. My fiance and I were born and raised Catholic, but we're not really practicing anymore. We want to get married in a church and have a religious type ceremony, just not necessarily a Catholic one. We don't want to lie and say that we're good practicing Catholics and we are going to raise children Catholic when we're not sure how we feel about Catholicism right now. We were wondering if anyone knew of some non-denominational Christian churches that we can get married in that is close to downtown Cincy/Newport area (our reception is in the Newport area). 

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Re: Non-denominational churches for ceremony in Cincinnati (near covington KY)

• Options
    sylviamayesylviamaye member
    First Comment
    edited November 2012
    I'm getting married at the Cincy Masonic Center next to the Taft Theater in March and there is a chapel in there. I'm not sure how you feel about chapels as opposed to churches in which to get married, but it's very beautiful inside with dark wood pews for guests to sit. Take a look.

http://www.cincinnatimasoniccenter.com/chapel/

Hope that helps some :)
  • Options
    Norman Chapel at Spring Grove-provide your own officiant.

Also check out Clifton United Methodist Church. I know they do ceremonies for non-members

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    st. clare chapel in hartwell/wyoming is a catholic chapel, but they allow you to have a non denominational ceremony....it's not too big, not too small. Really nice.  It has centennial barn next door for a reception too, if you are interested in that.
  • Options
    oops :-) didn't read your reception was already in newport!
  • Options
    We're getting married at St.  Aloysius. They have a gorgeous chapel, and everyone we've worked with so far seem to be great.
  • Options
    We are also getting married at St. Aloysius.  It was a catholic church but is now decomissioned, so anyone can marry you. 

http://www.mycincinnatichapel.com/st-aloysius-chapel/
  • Options
    There's also the Sanctuary in Newport or what was called the Leapin Lizzard in Covington (not sure if there's a new name now.  

As for St. Clare's Chapel, let me caution you that if you are Catholic, but are not practicing you may have some problems getting approved.  That's where we're getting married and it tooks several round of questioning to finally get to the bottom of all the back and forth. They suspected that my fiancee was a non-practicing Catholic and kept trying to dig up info.  He's not and when we finally point blank told them that we had the approval in a few days.  This isn't to disuade you...just a caution.  The chapel is GORGEOUS, and Sister Karen has been so nice and helpful.  

Good luck!
  • Options
    Bumping this a little. Great ideas. Are there any more? I am having the same issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards