Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

wedding cake help?

This may be a big request but...I'm searching for a bakery for my cake that makes cakes from scratch, are never frozen and flexible with designs.  The thing is that I am hoping it will be $2 per serving or less.  Who is everyone using and what is your price per serving.  Thanks!!!

Re: wedding cake help?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    IDK, i lucked out and my cousin is doing mine, but I drove past Three tiers in Bellevue today and they looked so cute im going to stop in and ask about the grooms cake. Ill let you know next week when I do, on prices and stuff
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Once Upon a Time Bridal and Florist. Denise is wonderful to work with. She can do almost anything you want  and her cakes are only $1.85 per serving too. They taste great very moist. I believe I heard that they are at bridal rama this weekend.
     http://www.onceuponatimebridalandflorist.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if you want your cake baked from scratch go to Take the Cake in Northside, http://www.takethecakecincinnati.com/  !! :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Just looked up Take the Cake. They are $3.75/serving. Thanks though!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Marilyn's Cakes in Ludlow, Ky. She does freeze her cakes for a couple of days before the wedding, but I can promise you that they are more moist than most I have ever tasted and you would never know. I actually had to ask her if she did freeze her cakes b/c I didn't want a frozen cake either - but I promise you, you cannot tell! Her cakes are $1.75/slice. 

HTH!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Okay this is going to sound weird, but there is a lady on the west side of Cincinnati that does cakes in her house and They are so good!  My friend used them for her wedding and they are about $1.85 a slice.  The thing is that I don't know her name, but I know she is the sister of the lady that is doing my flowers at Petals and Glass.  Either one of the sisiters advertises, they get lots of business just on word of mouth on the west side.  It is worth finding out her name because the cakes are so good for a great price.  We would have used her, but we have a higher budget for our cake and are going with A Spoon Fulla Sugar.  Call 513-471-3270 and ask Julie for the number of her sister that does cakes....if you are interested.  She is really nice and will give it to you even if you are not using Julie for the flowers I'm sure.  Sorry I don't have more information, but I do know she makes really good cakes and really nice designs so I thought I'd pass it along.   

• Options
    DebbydewDebbydew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flying buttercream...everything is from scratch, $1.50/slice. GL! Also try St. Lawrence Bakery in Price Hill, $1-2/slice depending on design.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You may want to try Tres Belle..Tracy has been wonderful to work with and very accommodating!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards