Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Need help and some honest opinions....

Hi all,

We are getting married 6/24/11 at Alms Park, we are also using that as our reception venue. I've worked out a lot of the vendors but I would like some reviews of the ones I've chosen and some help choosing others if possible. Thanks in advance!

Photographer - Ron Shuller Photography

Florist - Two little Buds

DJ - Horizon Entertainment - I haven't booked them yet - does anyone have any reviews?

Catering company - A Taste Of Class - haven't booked yet but since we only have 7 companies to choose from and a limited budget they seemed like the best plan

We are still looking for a cost effective non-denominational officiant. Everyone seems to want $250. We don't want to pay anywhere near that much.

My DOC (recommended by someone here) may not be able to do our day so we're also looking for an affordable DOC.

Also looking for good onsite hair stylist and makeup people in Cincinnati. We would prefer the person/people come to our hotel but if not a salon is fine just someone who is not ridiculously expensive.

I think that's all. If anyone can tell me about the vendor's I've already chosen and perhaps give suggestions on the rest it would be a huge help!

TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need help and some honest opinions....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ron Shuller was one of my options i ended up going with Lisa White Photography she's based in Centerville she did our engagment pictures and i LOVED them! She is a lot of fun and her pricing it amazing! She doesn't really do set packages, she has them listed on her website but only to give u an idea of her pricing. This is my package: 
    $1,500 for:
    Engagement Pics (w. copyright) 
    300 proof album
    No hrs - its from rehearsal thru reception!
    100 programs - She's also doing our programs with our e-pics
    100 thank you cards! with our wedding pic as background
    A Framed enlarged picture (16X20)  for signing instead of guestbook
    the copyright to all of our wedding pictures
    a 100 picture slideshow for the wedding. 

She is amazing i highly recommend her so far!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am using Diana Varga for my makeup. She is not as expensive as other MUPs and she comes to you. I already had my trial with her and she did my MU for e-pics and I LOVE her! She does an excellent job. her email is var.diana@homail.com and she just set up a facebook page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Diana-Varga/145567828799407. And I am using a friend for hair. She works at Spada Salon in Cincinnati and will also come to you. Let me know if you would like her info. Good Luck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ron Shuller did my photos, and I'm a little dissapointed with them. H and I look amazing.  But there are barely any of our bridal party and almost no candids of my In laws. 

DOC I'd highly recommend Elisa MacKenzie, Elegant Events by Elisa.  She has a whole team of people who are focused on every detail so you don't have to be.

Hair:  Fayme Hayes at Cura Bella Salon did an amazing job on my hair and my bridesmaids.  Mary Beth (the salon owner) rocked the mothers' hairstyles.  They will come to you.
  • Options
    DebbydewDebbydew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For makeup artist, try Heidi McKenna. She is $50 for the bride, including trial, and $25 per bridesmaid and she comes to you. My wedding is in 13 days (AH!) so I'll have a full review after that, but she has done my trial already, and it went very well, I was very happy.

For hair, my sister is doing mine, but she is a professional, and has done quite a few weddings. I'll post pictures after the wedding, but I think she charges $35ish a person.

For an officiant, if your not having any luck finding someone, it is not hard at all to get a friend or relative ordained. The ULC seems to be a popular online church to use, and then send in the paperwork through the state of ohio. My brother did this for my cousin's wedding, and it went great! He is actually starting to do other weddings now. I think he is charging around $100. If you want more info on any of these, let me know, or more information on getting someone ordained. You can PM me or respond here. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    afloggieafloggie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can give you information for my officiant. He has done weddings for friends. PM me or email me at MRSV2010@YAHOO.COM
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_need-honest-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:6d20e2c7-7721-46c5-9b37-9e9ea893d17fPost:c68e9637-95a9-4757-ba12-0ae6e9973b1c">Re: Need help and some honest opinions....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ron Shuller was one of my options i ended up going with Lisa White Photography she's based in Centerville she did our engagment pictures and i LOVED them! She is a lot of fun and her pricing it amazing! She doesn't really do set packages, she has them listed on her website but only to give u an idea of her pricing. This is my package:  $1,500 for: Engagement Pics (w. copyright)  300 proof album No hrs - its from rehearsal thru reception! 100 programs - She's also doing our programs with our e-pics 100 thank you cards! with our wedding pic as background A Framed enlarged picture (16X20)  for signing instead of guestbook the copyright to all of our wedding pictures a 100 picture slideshow for the wedding.  She is amazing i highly recommend her so far!!!
    Posted by towed101010[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Do you mean Lisa Rice Photography at <a href="http://www.lisaricephotography.com/blog?" rel="nofollow">http://www.lisaricephotography.com/blog?</a>  Just making sure!  I also used her for my engagement pictures and absolutely recommend her, too!  Tell Lisa Thanh says, "Hi!"

</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For photographer, I recommend Tracy Doyle Photography, who starts at $1.9k, and Lisa Rice Photography (like above) who starts at $1k.

For MUA, I recommend Diana Varga.  She did my make-up the other weekend for my tea ceremony.  I was a difficult case because I am very picky bout make-up and I have skin problems.  But she was able to make me feel comfortable and totally happy with my face.  That says a lot!  She costs $65 for day of and $20 for trial.  My only regret is that she's already booked on my wedding date, which is next July, so I am going with Michelle Marx who is also highly recommended.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    using michelle marx for hair and makeup she is on site.    
  • Options
    SunBear22SunBear22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My aunt used Ron Shuller for her wedding. Some of the pictures turned out good(mostly between my aunt and uncle), but a large percentage of them were not. Many felt too posed/forced (the bridal party was put in strange positions standing in mulch so all of our shoes sunk and it smelled funny), or just simply were very bad timing. (The only picture he took of just me and her, I had my eyes closed in and my face looked like I was going to sneeze.) I second the comment that there were not many candids, which let my aunt and uncle down. He produces some good work, but I would look around first- just in case.
  • Options
    jerobe4jerobe4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Two Little Buds did my wedding flowers and they are awesome! I highly recommend them. They came to my house to deliver flowers, went to the reception site and set up, came to the pictures to pin on guys flowers, then came to the wedding site to set up and stayed through the ceremony and transported the wedding flowers to reception. We met several times with them and loved every second of it. I could not give them a higher recommendation.
    Baby Brady coming June 18, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards