Ohio-Cincinnati

Alterations? When? and Where?

Hello! Needing advice on when I should schedule to get my alterations done and also where? I purchased my dress at David's Bridal, but not sure if I want to go there. Any suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Alterations? When? and Where?

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Rip N' Stitch, they do a most excellent job.  They're a few blocks from Kenwood Towne Centre.

7683 Montgomery Rd.
    (513) 793-4052
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I started my alterations about 3 months before the wedding but that was because my reception dress needed to be sized down 4 sizes. I think it's normally two months out from the day. And do not take it to Davids. They are awful.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I highly suggest Lori Schur. She is in the Mt. Healthy area and she altered my dress for hundreds less than others that I received estimates from and did an amazing job! She took my dress from a size 12 (sample dress) to a size 2 ...and you can't even tell! Her phone number is 513.825.1987
    Anniversary
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Stitches by Pauline and I loved here. she was super fast and very reasonable. Good luck.
  • sherri82sherri82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started my dress alterations about 2 and a half months before the wedding.  I think it just depends on where you go. 
    I definitely do not recommend mine, Alterations by Frances in Fort Thomas.  I'm getting married in 9 days and the seamstress still does not have it finished.  Things were done incorrectly. 
  • edited December 2011
    book an appt as soon as possible, then get started 2-3 months out. Sew Special in Mason is great. www.sewspecial.biz
  • edited December 2011
    I would caution contacting Sallie with sew special. She is really overwhelmed right now. She has a TON of dresses to get ready in the next few weeks so she probably won't get back to you right away. 2 of them are mine. I'll let you know after I get them how she did. I'm 9 days out and they aren't done yet. I'm trusting she'll have them done because I've heard great things about her!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    when's your wedding? 

I'm using Tony King and he has been recommended as the best in the city.  My wedding is 8.1.10 and I had my first fitting 2 1/2 months prior.  My second fitting is 3 weeks before the wedding.
  • DebbydewDebbydew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What does reasonable really mean with alterations? I don't think I have to have much done, just some adjustments in the top to make it lay nicely against my chest, but I really have no idea what to expect to spend.
  • edited December 2011
    Stitches by Pauline. She's awesome.
  • theobaldk1theobaldk1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try:
     Sewing By June
    June Eilers
    6343 Briargate Dr.
    Burlington, KY
    859-586-6303

Sometimes simply crossing over the river can cut the price of services by 20%!  Another great place to look for good buys outside of downtown is Lawrenceburg, IN.  I found my caterer there, all of the food is home-made, delicious, and simply beautiful for half the cost of most of the vendors I was interviewing from the downtown area.  It simply dosn't make sense to pay double for a product that is of the exact same quality!
  • mschneid02mschneid02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Tony King, but my dress didn't come in until just about the 2 month mark so that's when i had my first fitting.  I think he's booked for the year and he's expensive.
  • lawhitedlawhited member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HIGHLY recommend Pam of Delicate Stitches (in Delphi): http://www.delicatestitchescincy.com/bridalalteration.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards