Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Approximate price of DJs?

I'm just starting to look for DJs for my July, 2011, wedding--I was hoping some of you could give me some recommendations and approximate prices; there are so many out there I'm having a hard time knowing where to start.  According to The Knot's budgeter, I can budget about $1400 (taken with a grain of salt).  Is that about what DJs cost?  Thanks ladies!

ETA: as with about everything--it would be awesome if we could find a great one cheaper!

Re: Approximate price of DJs?

• Options
    meggo81meggo81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The DJs I've talked with are nowhere near that much.  Most charge around 600-800 for 5/6 hours. Unless you are asking for crazy lighting or having a DJ for a really long time I'm not sure why it would be 1400.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome--I'm really glad to hear that! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Mark McFadden and he was great (sometimes you'll hear him on Q-102). I think he's $800-$900. He was really good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Brad from Queen City DJs.  He dj'ed a couple of my friends weddings and he was great.  He is in the $600-800 range.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sandmammsandmamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using JD Hughes: On the Air Entertainment ( you may have heard him on Warm98). He is super nice, very energetic and has a lot of really great/different ideas that I know many people have never experienced at weddings! He is a bit pricy but I think of it in that entertainment and my guests having fun was high on my priority list of things (whereas flowers and decor were not). When I met with him about 4-5 months ago he was $1095. His price may have gone up, Im not sure though. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Tim with TCB DJS. He has been really great to work with! I actually found him through theknot. 4 hours plus set up/break down so about 5 hours of his time for $550.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Queen City DJs and it's about $900
  • Options
    FKH29FKH29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Great Day productions-its $980 for 5 hours and a DJ and separate MC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards