Ohio-Cincinnati

Makeup??

Anyone have recommendations for where I could get my makeup done in the Dayton area? Thanks!!

Re: Makeup??

• edited December 2011
    Crystal Rieger with the Eye Do Makeup and Lash Design is doing mine.  She is great!  Her email is eyedomakeupart@aol.com.  Her web site is www.eyedomakeupandlashdesign.com/" target="_blank">www.eyedomakeupandlashdesign.com
  • Michele45419Michele45419 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Heidi McKenna. $50 for the bride, including trial, $25 for anyone else and she comes to you. I haven't had my trial yet, but she gets great reviews here.  She's charging me $25 to travel to Country Club of the North in Beavercreek.  Her email is mckenna@fuse.net
  • DebbydewDebbydew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_makeup-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:7a3a5b65-49af-4c76-97f1-cd412e7c6745Post:f442ca6f-cad1-4059-8f96-083bc9547f16">Re: Makeup??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Crystal Rieger with the Eye Do Makeup and Lash Design is doing mine.  She is great!  Her email is eyedomakeupart@aol.com.  Her web site is <a href="http://www.eyedomakeupandlashdesign.com/" rel="nofollow">www.eyedomakeupandlashdesign.com/</a> " target="_blank"> <a href="http://www.eyedomakeupandlashdesign.com" rel="nofollow">www.eyedomakeupandlashdesign.com</a> . 
    Posted by joepip2[/QUOTE]

Hi joepip, just wondering what other vendors you are using? I just ask because every few weeks, a new bride with only a few posts gets on here and raves about this vendor, but never talks up any of her other vendors, leading me to believe that this "bride" is actually this vendor. I apologize in advance if I am wrongly accusing you, but either way, I would be wary of any vendor who has to go to these lengths to drum up business.

To the OP, I am also going with Heidi. I've heard nothing but great things, and there are pics of one of her brides on the Lucky Clover Photography blog right now, if you want to check out some of her work. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    No I am not a vendor, I just haven't posted here.   Crystal is also reasonable in cost, not charging for the flower girl, and a lower cost for the jr. bridesmaids.  I am having 7 girls in my bridal party, plus me and my Mom getting make-up done, so any discount helps a lot!  Crystal did two trials for me, one at home and one at the Reveal Salon, where she works.  I found her very sweet and accomodating.  I was worried about the amount of eye liner, and she re-did it for me.  She also tried 3 different eye lashes on me to make sure I was 100% happy with it.

I am getting married in just 6 weeks! at Music Hall, using mostly Cincinnati Vendors.  Bakery Hill for my cake (Moe is awesome!).  Jeff Thomas Catering, Robin Wood for the florist.  I just met again with her yesterday to finalize some details, and I am so excited to use her!

Good luck with your plans!
  • edited December 2011
    Michele - I sent you a PM!!! :-)
  • edited December 2011
    I am also a Dayton bride needing local makeup recs. I have never had airbrushed makeup before, but have heard great things about it. Does Heidi or Crystal Rieger do airbrush? If not, does anyone have recs for Dayton airbrush makeup artists?? THANKS! :-)
  • cambe143cambe143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!! You've all been incredibly helpful :)
  • Michele45419Michele45419 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    **Chrissy*** -- got it and sent a response! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards