Ohio-Cincinnati

Looking for a venue....

I am in the beginning stages of planning my wedding, and I am searching for the perfect venue! I love the idea of an outside wedding, but I am afraid of weather complications. I am open to other ideas, I just do not want to have the ceremony in a church. Does anyone know of any good locations for the ceremony and reception in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area?
Thanks!

Re: Looking for a venue....

• edited December 2011
    Ault Park is stunning.  Devou Park in Kentudky is as well but quite expensive.  The Manor house in Mason is very nice but has it's drawbacks.  Krippendorf Lodge if you want to go as far as Clermont County is nice, as is Pyramid Park in Butler County.  The Krohn Conservatory is great but I've never seen an outside wedding there, only indoors.  However, Alms Park is probably my favorite.  If your wedding isn't very large, the overlook area could accomodate you and is breathtaking.  Otherwise the pavilion might be your choice. 
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the help, I'll have to check those out!
  • edited December 2011
    How many people are you inviting, and what is your budget?

I think Drees Pavilion at Devou Park (NKY) is the most gorgeous view of the city, but its not innexpensive.

French House is also an option for an outdoor ceremony/ indoor reception.  It holds about 100, and is very pretty.
  • edited December 2011
    it will be somehere around 75 people. We havent completely settled on a budget yet, but we are thinking around $10,000 (I know its kinda low, but we are both still in school right now and dont have a lot of money saved up yet).
  • edited December 2011
    Here's a link to a Knot article on doing a wedding for $10K or under.  Good advice (w/ only 75 guests, Alms Park might be a very good fit for you). This article has been referenced several times on this site and I'm soooo glad I found it!

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-budget/articles/cheap-wedding-in-cincinnati-ohio.aspx 
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can totally do a wedding for around that at the Bell Center - (verdin bell event center) if you are doing nights other than Saturday. We did a Friday night and it was amazing. Check them out and if you want more pics send me an email  kelklump at gmail
  • edited December 2011
    Does the Verdin Bell Center have outdoor accomodations?  I've only been to one wedding there and don't remember much other than it's a huge de-commissioned Catholic church. 
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to Walden Ponds in Hamilton, OH. It's a nice little plantation house on a golf course with a gazebo and tented reception area. You get to run of the house for the day, and get to decorate it with whatever you want. The event planner there, Allison, is fantastic! www.waldenponds.com  There are also morning-of golf specials for the groom and his friends...Reasonably priced, we're doing ours on a $10k budget as well. They give a list of suggested vendors, but you don't have to use them. We're using a caterer and possibly DJ from the list, but that's about it. Hueston Woods lodge is another place we checked out, very nice. Ceremony could be inside or out by the lake. Drawbridge Inn right across into KY is nice, and is all inside. 

Good luck!
    Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs :)
  • edited December 2011
    You might want to check out Nathanial Green Lodge in green twp. They have an outdoor space and indoor space and the price is VERY reasonable. It's where I'm getting married.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards