July 2012 Weddings

Aile Runner

Ladies are any of you useing Aile Runners?Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Aile Runner

• I'm not...I like my venue's flooring and don't see the point in covering it up.  Are you having an aisle runner?
    weddingcake-1
  • Nope.  We're having an outdoor wedding and unless the runner was a hard surface I can see it being a tripping hazard.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Yes, we're using one. Our ceremony is inside and the runner is royal blue.
  • Yes, our ceremony is in a church so wea re using a traditional white one.

Anniversary
  • Using a white runner, too. The florist asked if I wanted one, otherwise I never would've thought of it!
    ~ES~
  • I'm not.  My ceremony is outside so I asked my florist about it.  She suggested flower petals on the side of the aisle. That way, the aisle is decorated and there is no chance of the wind picking it up or it getting dirty before I walk on it.  I think they will make the pictures look pretty.
    Anniversary
  • I haven't decided yet. I kind of want one because right now I have no aisle decorations and it looks boring. But I'm worried about people ripping it with their heels as they walk. I also wanted petals to line the aisle but I can only use fake (its in my venue contract) and they are expensive.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think our chapel has a runner.. but it's red and I'm sure she charges for using it. I don't find it very necessary so I'm sure we'll skip it.
  • I am confused about the spelling situation going on here - I think you are referring to Aisle Runners. 

I am not sure if we are doing one or not. The wedding I went to on Saturday had a really flimsy ivory one (not sure what it was made out of) and the MOB tripped and almost fell and her heel poked a hole through the runner....the tripping made me stop and think twice about the safety aspects of having one! 

• Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_aile-runner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:af1d4b02-ce2b-43c5-9db0-6b3efd49c368Post:0e892b5b-dfff-4223-a2a1-da535d71828c">Re: Aile Runner</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am confused about the spelling situation going on here - I think you are referring to Aisle Runners.   I am not sure if we are doing one or not. The wedding I went to on Saturday had a really flimsy ivory one (not sure what it was made out of) and the MOB tripped and almost fell and her heel poked a hole through the runner....the tripping made me stop and think twice about the safety aspects of having one! 
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

Holy cow! You gotta tell us more about your recent weddings Butterfly...!!
  • mekiakoomekiakoo member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Yes we are mainly because the ceremony will be on a cement- not very lovely. It'll be under a tent outside, beautiful, but just not the floor. We're borrowing the venue's runner and spreading rose petals on the sides.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_aile-runner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:af1d4b02-ce2b-43c5-9db0-6b3efd49c368Post:0e892b5b-dfff-4223-a2a1-da535d71828c">Re: Aile Runner</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I am confused about the spelling situation going on here - I think you are referring to Aisle Runners.</strong>   I am not sure if we are doing one or not. The wedding I went to on Saturday had a really flimsy ivory one (not sure what it was made out of) and the MOB tripped and almost fell and her heel poked a hole through the runner....the tripping made me stop and think twice about the safety aspects of having one! 

First, LOL. Sorry, OP, but I was thinking the same thing.

Second, we're not using one. The church doesn't allow it and I also don't see the point in adding to the fact that I'm clumsy and would probably trip over it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    Not using one as our ceremony location is outside. We are having a petal path though :-)
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I dont think the spelling matters. everyone new what i was talking about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No aisle runner for me either, we're having an outdoor ceremony too and it would not add a lot. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sorry Steve's bride, spelling errors are a pet peeve of mine, although I do think that most people "new" what you were talking about.
  • This question makes me totally want to VENT!  I decided when I first started planning that I wanted a petal aisle runner.  I read some blogs where people used fishing line and put a single stitch on each petal to affix it and then another where they used hot glue.  I'm doing a 3 foot wide 40 foot long runner.  I had no intention of doing this petal by petal!

Another blog said spray glue and then sprinkle the petals.  Brilliant, right?  WRONG!  I got 3M spray glue which is supposed to be the best and permanent, NOT!  I did the first 10 feet and the glue never set.  It's been a month and it's still tacky and the petals can just be pulled off.  I have no clue why, but now I'm relgated to ditch the entire project or go petal by petal with the glue gun.

So, for two days now, I've been working on redoing the first 10 feet.  We figure it's taking me about an hour to do a foot.  It will go a little faster once I'm not having to remove the petals first, but either way, it's going to take about 40 hours!

To top it all off, I got the worst burn I've had in years from a hot glue gun today.  I couldn't even take the glue off my finger for an hour without taking the skin with it.  UGH!!!!

So, yes, I will have a frackin runner and I know I will LOVE it, but right now, I HATE the frackin thing!!!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_aile-runner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:af1d4b02-ce2b-43c5-9db0-6b3efd49c368Post:b5e38242-11cb-4975-ac87-15e4997a7f48">Re: Aile Runner</a>:
    [QUOTE]sorry Steve's bride, spelling errors are a pet peeve of mine, although I do think that most people "new" what you were talking about.

<div>LOL</div><div>
    </div><div>We are using an aisle runner and our florist is providing it. It has a subtle floral pattern on it which my mom and I really loved. The florist will also scatter petals along the sides (no FG for me). </div>
    imageAnniversary
  • no runner since theres a nice natural pathway already layed out, but we will be doing  petals going all the way down it.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_aile-runner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:af1d4b02-ce2b-43c5-9db0-6b3efd49c368Post:db0f621c-fd60-4202-bb31-3c3906d0ea85">Re: Aile Runner</a>:
    [QUOTE]This question makes me totally want to VENT!  I decided when I first started planning that I wanted a petal aisle runner.  I read some blogs where people used fishing line and put a single stitch on each petal to affix it and then another where they used hot glue.  I'm doing a 3 foot wide 40 foot long runner.  I had no intention of doing this petal by petal! Another blog said spray glue and then sprinkle the petals.  Brilliant, right?  WRONG!  I got 3M spray glue which is supposed to be the best and permanent, NOT!  I did the first 10 feet and the glue never set.  It's been a month and it's still tacky and the petals can just be pulled off.  I have no clue why, but now I'm relgated to ditch the entire project or go petal by petal with the glue gun. So, for two days now, I've been working on redoing the first 10 feet.  We figure it's taking me about an hour to do a foot.  It will go a little faster once I'm not having to remove the petals first, but either way, it's going to take about 40 hours! To top it all off, I got the worst burn I've had in years from a hot glue gun today.  I couldn't even take the glue off my finger for an hour without taking the skin with it.  UGH!!!! So, yes, I will have a frackin runner and I know I will LOVE it, but right now, I HATE the frackin thing!!!!
    Posted by xobride[/QUOTE]

Oh no! I hope you're okay! That sounds like a terrible burn!! Just count down the days.. it's almost over! Lol! Hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards