Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Bride Face

So... I feel like I'm going in circles!! I like BrideFace make up alot. the way each person looks in photos is far better than a lot of the other make up artists I've seen who are local. But,... $185 is a lot of money for makeup.

Who are you using? ? Have you used Bride Face??

Re: Bride Face

• Options
    edited December 2011
     I don't think $185 is a lot to look exactly how you want on your day. Funny, I just booked them for my 8 BMs and myself! Very responsive so far, and they're doing my makeup trial the day of a big engagement party thrown for us which will be great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just booked brideface today! At first I was torn about the price. But then I realized I'm spending 3k for pictures and if I don't look my best it's all a waste. Another issue I have is thy if a vendor doesn't respond to my phone message or email within 48 hours I won't book with them. What if they do the same thing 2 days before your wedding?! Brideface got back to me ASAP every time I emailed and answered all my zillions of questions. They also have a lot of good reviews and my photog recommended. It is gonna be over budget but I'm gonna have to cut back somewhere else. Just my thoughts! :) I was mulling this over all week and finally booked. Also, when you consider makeup artists, see if they include a trial run and airbrushing. Other places that looked cheaper actually weren't when you added on a trial and airbrush. Sorry for such a long response! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Michelle Marx with Marxey Makeup ( http://marxeymakeup.com/ ) for my wedding in March and she did a fantastic job and offered a trial. She did hair and makeup for myself, my 4 bridesmaids and our moms and arrived in plenty of time to get everyone done and I had a little time to relax before pictures. I've used her a couple times since the wedding for different events and I love working with her!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Brideface and was satisfied. I too had hesistation because of the cost but I was torn between Chenese Bean. What drove me more to Brideface was the deposit amount only being $50 and Chenese wanted half as your deposit. At that time I did not have $200-300 for a deposit and was worried about not booking someone since my date was 9/10/11. Chenese was a little bit cheaper and also does beautiful work. Chenese put on her FB a black Friday sale...maybe you should check it out?

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A good friend of mine used BrideFace as was pretty happy with what she got and how she looked. She paid $185.

I used Glossa, Lindsay to be specific. She was awesome, and I looked great. I paid $150.

Honestly I would have paid $185 if that's what Glossa wanted- I think you want to look your best, so you might want to consider forkin it over. GL.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a little more "bang-for-my-buck" with Brideface by doing my trial run on the day of our engagement photo shoot.  It was a great way to look fantastic for the E-pics while not splurging on another make-up artist.  I have received TONS of compliments on my engagement pics... most of my family & friends looked through our photos and said, "Wow, I've never seen you look that good"  LOL

I think it's worth it to splurg on at least one thing for yourself since you're the one who has to live with the wedding photos...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm,.. Good thoughts!! Thank you for your input, everyone!

The deposit is attractive... AND if you're going to spend that much money on a photographer you must must look your best :)

I think I'm sold.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Eye Do i heard they are really good and they have been very responsive so far! (:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Eye Do too!

I think you get more bang for your buck with them, because you get hair and makeup.

They have been very responsive so far and easy to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of using Eye Do also! They will be at the dayton bridal show next month and I will probably book them then. :)))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards