July 2012 Weddings
Options

officiant fees

How much is everyone paying/donating to their officiant (or to the church if it's a donation)?  

I would ask on the San Diego board, but it's kind of slow, and I swear everyone uses the same 3 officiants on there.
Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview

Re: officiant fees

• Options
    We're paying $200 I think. Now I think it is kind of steep, but oh well- we like her!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to Re: officiant fees:
    [QUOTE]We're paying $200 I think. Now I think it is kind of steep, but oh well- we like her!
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

Same here, the money is a donation to the church.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options

It's around $350

. Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    We are paying $400 and I'm in San Diego.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Our's is free because he is a friend. I am paying the 25 for his licensing fee and putting 100 in a nice card to him.
  • Options
    TChiumiTChiumi member
    First Comment
    We're not getting married in a church but we're paying between $200-$250 for the officiant.  I just can't remember the amount now and I'm at work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_officiant-fees?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:af5964f8-5d08-4174-90fe-b5b8f6c04867Post:9815bbbe-e8c0-49cf-b91d-e2d1ef428d34">Re: officiant fees</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are paying $400 and I'm in San Diego.
    Posted by lvissers[/QUOTE]

<div>You're going with Rev. Don Toshach, right?  What all is he including for $400? (Does he come to the rehearsal?).  FI called him earlier today, but we haven't heard back.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    A friend is doing ours and he is refusing money...going to try and give him $50-$100
  • Options
    Yea, we are using Rev. Don Toshach. For $400 he meets once with you initially, once a couple months before the wedding to confirm your ceremony, to the rehearsal and then the ceremony. He lives in Long Beach, but does a lot of San Diego weddings and doesn't charge extra for mileage fees.
    Where in San Diego are you getting married? it's funny, I used to live in Scottsdale, but moved to San Diego a year and a half ago. I miss AZ, but would rather have it a place to visit than live after living there for 10 years and graduating from ASU.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm paying 375 for the ceremony and 150 for the rehearsal.
  • Options
    Just a donation, probably $250
  • Options
    We are paying $100 for our officiant.
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We have a friend doing ours and she is only charging us $35.  We will be giving her a card with an additional amount but I dont know how much yet.

:)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

A judge is marrying us, he isn't allowed to charge us but I did ask if he would accept a gift. I'm under on what to give him. Maybe a $100 gift card....he was just nominated for Federal Judgeship so I don't think I can give him cash. I'm unsure.

The Judge is my Co-workers brother inlaw.

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're paying our pastor $150 to perform the ceremony and also giving the church a donation of another $150.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Options
    We are getting married in a church and I think it is $250 or so.  I forget the exact amount.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Our church "donation" is a set amount given to us by the church and that is $400
  • Options
    a friend of FI's is marrying us.  We're getting him probably a $50 giftcard somewhere =)
  • Options
    Ours is really high! We are paying him $500. We also have to pay the organist and the wedding coordinator at the church, and make a donation to the church (they call it a donation, but it's definitely required). But we are not members of the church.. I'm pretty sure it would be less if we were.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our pastor is $600. And then the church is $500 for the rental, $150 for the organist, and $150 for the janitor. So pretty expensive. But the pastor is amazing and not the pastor of the church we are using, and we are not members of the church, so I think they are charging us a little more then they normally would!

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • Options
    Mine is $125. It would be higher but she gives a discount to ceremonies done before 2 & we are not doing a rehearsal or having a bridal party. It's just a very simple ceremony outdoors.
  • Options
    $300 church "donation"
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Ours is $425 for the day of and $50 for the rehearsal.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My minister charges around 250-300 for both the rehearsal and the ceremony. We also are paying the organist around $50, and there is a small fee for our church coordinator who helps with decorations, set-up, sound, etc.  it shouldn't end up being more than $500 total (that is what we have budgeted for everything church rental related).
  • Options
    Our Church "donation" is $400.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're being married by the mayor and she isn't charging us anything. She said in the past she's recommended that couples donate to their favorite charity instead. Not sure what we'll end up doing.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I just met with our priest in NY this morning, actually.  We have 3 different churches we've had to pay: NY home parish church, Philly church where we're getting married, and PA church our priest/officiant is from. This morning, I had to pay another $50 fee to the church so that they'll send our documents from NY to PA.

So now, here's what we've paid 1) fee for NY church to process our documents ($50), 2) additional processing fee for NY to send to PA ($50), 3) "offering" to NY home church (TBD), 4) "offering" to priest's church in PA who is marrying us (not same church where we're getting married) ($300), 5) church use fee in Philly ($1575!), and 6) "offering" for Philly church where we're getting married (TBD).

Edited to add: Ceremony musicians (which we have to use, or we have to pay for them anyway): $250 for organist, $200 for cantor.

This is OUT OF CONTROL, people.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bridetobe....that is CRAZY!!! that church use fee is out of control!
  • Options
    Yeah, I know. I feel like they are screwing us left and right . . . and he's telling us we have to provide a "letter from our parents giving us permission to marry . . . " ?!??!!! Last I checked, I'm an adult and don't need my mom's permission to get married. Are you kidding me???
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WHAT!!!! You need parent approval or a judge override to get married in Indiana if you are 15 or 16 and (maybe 17...family law was a long time ago for me!)  its absolutely crazy that you guys need letters hahahahaha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards