Ohio-Cincinnati

Reception help!

Okay, our ceremony is outside and our reception is indoors. I really like aqua/Malibu blue, yellow and light pink for colors (especially for our ceremony).

My problem: our reception venue has red walls and red carpet!

We were thinking of doing a "movie-theatre" theme to go with the red, but I really want to keep my colors and they don't go together! (We were going to have a red carpet-ish entrance, photo booth, slide show, popcorn and candy table...) I need centerpiece ideas!

Please help! I am open to any suggestions - I am not creative and would like to keep the cost down on decorations! (In general I need centerpiece ideas that are cute and cheap!)

Re: Reception help!

• edited December 2011

Have you picked a color for the BMs dresses?  I would do blue, because the others might clash more.  You don't have to keep the colors the same.  Our ceremony was at an old chapel and the reception was VERY different.  Use the colors in any ceremony decorations and keep it more neutral at the reception.

Are you at the Redmoor? 

• Constance2012Constance2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My bridesmaids are going to be wearing blue dresses. I found bouquets that have pink and yellow in them that I want the girls to carry.

We are not at the Redmoor, it was booked for our date (and so was the 20th century theatre). Our reception is not a theatre itself, it just is very red and our first date was a movie so I thought it would work.

Do you have any suggestions for centerpieces? Should I just go with flowers?

• sloanawsloanaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could get the popcorn holders-there are some at like walmart and target and stuff that look like an old style popcorn bag only theyre plastic, and put flowers in them :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic June Offbeat Siggy: Then and Now Pics!!!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have a ton of ideas for your movie theme wedding.  It's tricky to have themes sometimes because not enough theme and people won't get it and too much could look tacky.  (There's a thin line between genius and insanity, lol!)  Flowers still look elegent but it depends on what overall feel you want.  If you want something totally whimsical, the popcorn holder idea could work.  But if you still want to have an elegant feel, maybe something like clapbord pacecard holders and naming your tables as your favorite movies (instead of Table 1, say people could be directed to sit at "Gone with the Wind"  <--my fav movie :))

If you would like more ideas, PM me and I would be happy to help!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Where are you getting married at? I love the red scheme!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards