Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

What do you guys think?

My brother is in the bridal party, and he wants to wear his dress blues from the airforce and not a tux. Hes not the best man. Whatcha think?
:)

Re: What do you guys think?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be an honor for your brother to be in your wedding and wear his dress blues.  IMO
  • Options
    dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely agree with PP. That's an awesome thing to have at your wedding and something to look back at. I'd have him wear them, if it was me
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely!  Second only to you, he'll be the hit of the party!  I wish I could be there to shake his hand. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have a couple of military guys in the wedding and we decided not to have them wear their dress uniforms.  We wanted them to match the other guys, not stand out from the grooms. 

I actually didn't care at first, until one of the military guys actually said he'd feel like kind of a tool standing up there not looking like a groomsman, he said he'd feel like he was trying to steal attention from the groom.  So I certainly didn't want to make him do it.

So I guess my advice would be to ask your groom to make sure he's ok with it?  Because this one person will stand out as different in all of your photos.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What do you and your FI want?  It's your wedding- you choose the look you want.  It's not about your brother and his service.  Have you seen the AF dress uniform?  They're not as "flashy" as the Marine or Army dress uniform, so depending on what your guys are wearing, it may not stand out as much as you think.  But again, it's what YOU want- not him.
  • Options
    honerlmchonerlmc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is in the AF and he will be wearing his dress blues. However, because only one of his groomsmen was in the AF we decided to ask him to wear a tux so he didn't stand out and the focus was on my Fiance. In the end do what makes you happy!
  • Options
    utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely agree with PP.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards