Ohio-Cincinnati

Videography or Photobooth we can only pick one!

I am new here, but I was told to try the knot out and get some opinions
about who to call/look at.
My wedding is in less than two months and I wanted to add either photobooth
as a favor to my wedding OR add videography for us.
Any reccomendations for either? Thank you in advance!

Leslie

Re: Videography or Photobooth we can only pick one!

• I would definitely recommend a videographer!  I watched my wedding video a million times.  I never really paid any attention to my wedding pictures.  You can DIY a photo booth so you can spend the money on the videographer.  I found DIY instruction online for a photo booth by using a laptop.  The videographer I used for my wedding was Schulte Productions. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_videography-or-photobooth-we-can-only-pick-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:a10e8806-6c1d-4600-86da-da18ce49defcPost:98beebb7-14b7-432b-896c-c1c696d8b6f9">Re: Videography or Photobooth we can only pick one!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would definitely recommend a videographer!  I watched my wedding video a million times.  I never really paid any attention to my wedding pictures.  You can DIY a photo booth so you can spend the money on the videographer.  I found DIY instruction online for a photo booth by using a laptop.  The videographer I used for my wedding was Schulte Productions. 
    Posted by MZsBride[/QUOTE]
    This. We chose to have a friend who does videos do our videography and I know we won't regret it. Our photographer is setting up some kind of DIY photobooth. We will probably send the pictures with Thank You notes after the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_videography-or-photobooth-we-can-only-pick-one?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:a10e8806-6c1d-4600-86da-da18ce49defcPost:98beebb7-14b7-432b-896c-c1c696d8b6f9">Re: Videography or Photobooth we can only pick one!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would definitely recommend a videographer!  I watched my wedding video a million times.  I never really paid any attention to my wedding pictures.  You can DIY a photo booth so you can spend the money on the videographer.  I found DIY instruction online for a photo booth by using a laptop.  The videographer I used for my wedding was Schulte Productions. 
    Posted by MZsBride[/QUOTE]

<div>I completely agree.  I went to a wedding this last July that was a DIY photo booth and it worked out well.  We also watched our wedding video and cried, that's more valuable than a photobooth for years to come.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited October 2012
    I would definitely reccommend videography. The day goes by so fast and it's all a blur. It's so nice to rewatch toasts, vows, first dance etc. You also see parts you missed for the first time! I was in the back of the church behind the closed doors, so I totally missed the flower girls adorable walk down the aisle. 

We added a DIY photobooth to our wedding that was a huge hit and cost about $5. We set up a tripod with my old camera, had a giant empty frame and made props (mustaches, hats, a batman mask etc.) that I cut out of black cardstock and glued to wooden dowels (there are free patterns online). We also had a sign with instructions. It worked out great! We ended up with over 100 hilarious photos (we had about 130 guests) and guests told us it was the most used photobooth they had ever seen.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You can also try Hatfield Productions. They have a videography package that includes a photo booth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards