Ohio-Cincinnati

Anyone use Vista Print for Save the dates?

I just got an email for 100 postcards free from Vista Print. I went to their site and I could add a picture to it, fonts etc and it looked great. I could also get envelopes with it.

Has anyone used them? How do they really look? I am worried that I will get them and be disapointed!

There are so many ideas for things I can do, favor wise and then table numbers etc...I just want to know other peoples experiences.

Thanks bunches!

Re: Anyone use Vista Print for Save the dates?

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used them.  They were great.  The paper was thick, the color was vivid, and the front was glossy.

I did regret that we had used 300 dpi, which is their minimum suggested resolution.  It worked but I would have chosen a little higher, in retrospect, so it can look sharper.

Another thing is that I also would have chosen the envelopes.  Those machine cancellers put dents and sometimes creases in them.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also used them for our save the dates. I ordered post cards and magnets and used glue dots to mount the magnet to the postcard. We thought they turned out great and we got a ton of compliments.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We ordered the small magnets from them for our STD and they turned out really nice. I ordered 100, so had to place a couple different orders to use the free offer, and one batch came in looking a little grainy, so I emailed them and they reprinted them for free. Their customer service is really good, so don't hesitate to contact them if you are unhappy in any way with what you've received.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011
    We ordered the post cards as STDs and they were fabulous!  People are still raving about them and our wedding was in June!  I recommend creating your design in powerpoint and then uploading as a picture (see Jenna Ross' guide on the DIY board).  We did it both ways and the powerpoint version was a much higher resolution and ultimately less frustrating.  They have free pic uploads all the time.  If you can't seem to catch one, the ladies on the DIY board are always happy to share codes if you ask (you should never pay at VP!).  Good luck!
  • Maurawed1112Maurawed1112 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG I love the magnet idea because there is less chance to lose the save the date if they post it on the fridge. im thinking of doing the combo thing with the glue dot. Im so excited!
    Thanks also for the multiple order idea to get the discount again. Brilliant!

Thanks for the help!
  • edited December 2011
    i love vistaprint! i used one of their pre-made postcard designs for our save the dates. we just changed the text. (i didn't use envelopes)

i also ordered another set of postcards for RSVPs. again, using one of their pre-made postcard designs, we changed the text on the design side and left the back blank (so we could make some cards into RSVPs and others into annoucements). when they came in, i ran them through our printer to add the text to the blank side.

we also used vistaprint for the wedding invites. i uploaded our own design and used an offer for free invites multiple times until we had what we needed.
    Smile
  • edited December 2011
    I used Vistaprint for for my rsvp cards, my invitations and I feel like something else, but can't remember, last October and got it ALL for FREE!! I used images on everything that I ordered and it all came out great. Everything can be so expensive, so it is nice when you can get some things for free. I highly recommend using them b/c it is free their quality is great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards