Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Anyone have feedback on Este Images or Tracie Jean Photography?

Hi ladies!
I'm starting to look into photographers around the area and can't seem to find much feedback on these two. I've found mixed opinions on Daniel Michael and his group, and great feedback on Michael Bambino (he's a lil pricey for my taste to have him personally do it). I need someone all day since I have an afternoon ceremony and night reception. Este Images seems to be a good deal but I'm always hesitant to use people w/o reading reviews etc.

Thanks all :)

Re: Anyone have feedback on Este Images or Tracie Jean Photography?

• Options
    I'm going to a wedding this coming Saturday that Tracie Jean is shooting. She did their e-pics as well. I think she's a great photographer but I'm just not personally a fan of her style, and when I contacted her for our wedding I thought her prices were outrageous. She posts a lot of her photos on her Facebook page.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    i looked into estes and just ended up not feeling the 'click' that i wanted to feel. i also checked out daniel michael but honestly, thought he was creepy. i know that's mean. i went with rachel spears and loved her. if you want to pm me, i can send you our link. really happy with her and her prices. i also checked out innovatory and loved them as well.
  • Options
    Thanks! I thought Tracie was a bit much for what we got as well, but I have noticed prices just all over the place for the most part.
    I like Ron Carroll's pricing, but I heard he was semi rude, and I like Estes but just like you mentioned, I've heard others saying it was tough to "click" with them. Did you all meet in person with all the people you checked out?

I'm really surprised how many people list touch ups as like 20-50 a photo. I'm used to people being able to kinda touch up a blemish or move a hair out of place pretty easily. I know I need to get the rights to my images and need a person basically all day (ceremony is in the afternoon) Luckily i'm a year out so I have time :)

Thanks all!!
  • Options
    I'd suggest checking out Brittany Wolfe also. She's based out of Indiana but will travel, plus she's young and just moved here from Nashville so she's still building up her business and is very reasonable with prices. She'll cut her price down to your budget if she can. She's doing our epics at the state park FI proposed in and all my communication with her has been fantastic. If we didn't already have a ceremony photographer we'd be hiring her.
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    I don't know about Este Images or Tracie Jean Photography, but I suggest looking into our engagement photographer, Lisa Rice.  It seems like you're looking for a budget photographer and she'd be perfect for that. We loved her work.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll certainly check her out!
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_anyone-have-feedback-on-este-images-or-tracie-jean-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:ab52aad8-6483-4f9a-ad85-71e3dc89271dPost:6d254262-ef2d-485d-9628-7a6f333c4316">Re: Anyone have feedback on Este Images or Tracie Jean Photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know about Este Images or Tracie Jean Photography, but I suggest looking into our engagement photographer, Lisa Rice.  It seems like you're looking for a budget photographer and she'd be perfect for that. We loved her work. <a href="http://lisaricephotography.com/" rel="nofollow">http://lisaricephotography.com/</a>
    Posted by clearheavens[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    i thought daniel michael was creepy too!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_anyone-have-feedback-on-este-images-or-tracie-jean-photography?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:ab52aad8-6483-4f9a-ad85-71e3dc89271dPost:5696c8c7-dc9d-4491-b78e-15947ea27d6b">Re: Anyone have feedback on Este Images or Tracie Jean Photography?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i thought daniel michael was creepy too!
    Posted by Colby04[/QUOTE]

Oh good to hear! I have found a lot of photographers I like, such as Mandy Pierce, Sherri Barber and Shelby Street. I have a lot of interviews in front of me haha, meeting with like 8 photographers total! Am i crazy?! :)
  • Options
    I am using Tracie Jean. I like the way she gives you the option to split up her fees. She is very nice, and so is her other photographer - Tony. I thought her prices were comparable to most of the other photographers in this area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards