Ohio-Cincinnati

New to the board - suggestions on affordable vendors

Hi everyone!  I am new to the board.   My boyfriend and I recently went ring shopping and plan to be engaged by the end of the summer.  I am paying for the wedding myself and am on a very limited budget.  We live in NKY and plan on getting married locally.

I am looking for information on vendors of any specialty (i.e. cakes, photography, videography, reception hall, etc) that are affordable. 

Thank you in advance for your time and help :)

Re: New to the board - suggestions on affordable vendors

• 1) Photography: Rachel Spears - you get a lot for your money with her - and she's super cool and nice. I'm really awkward and shy  - but she worked with me and my FI through Engagement Pictures to make me feel more comfortable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used Jeana's Great Cakes.  She was wonderful to work with and her cake is amazing!  We had so many comments on how delicious it was.
    Also, for our flowers we used Holly Schweitzer (Posy Floral Design).  She's in Alexandria, KY.  She was so pleasant and gave so much helpful information.  She did beautiful work in arranging the bride's bouquet and bridesmaids bouquets.  
  • Welcome aboard.  Here's the site for a Knot article on affordable weddings:

http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-budget/articles/cheap-wedding-in-cincinnati-ohio.aspx

It was published on The Knot awhile back. Great information; very useful and timely.

• Check out Mary's Country House of Flowers.  Other florist started with what I "needed" and gave me a budget of almost $4k.  Mary started with my budget & found what she was able to do within that budget. 

• I'm using Lutz Flowers and we're getting
    Bridal Bouquet
    2 Mom Corsages
    2 Dad Bouts
    Groom Bout

for 72 dollars.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_new-to-the-board-suggestions-on-affordable-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:b4892b8e-e2c6-4f1d-956b-2748cbbd0cf4Post:8923ea71-2b64-4d50-b511-646b22cacecb">Re: New to the board - suggestions on affordable vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out Mary's Country House of Flowers.  Other florist started with what I "needed" and gave me a budget of almost $4k.  Mary started with my budget & found what she was able to do within that budget. 
    Posted by keatingkd[/QUOTE]

I totally agree!Her work is unbelievable.Her phone number is 513 477 5375.You won't be sorry.We used her for my daughters wedding.
  • It is so scary to see that being on a "budget" is viewed as $10,000.  I can't afford that kind of budget so I'm scared of how the wedding is going to turn out.  Either way at the end of the day I am married to the man of my dreams so I just need to keep reminding myself of that and not worry about the image of my wedding.
  • edited June 2012
    Heather Nickole Photography is awesome! She did my pictures and I highly recommend her. Her prices are hard to beat and she sticks to your theme, listens to your ideas, and gives you her ideas as well which is always great : you can find her on her website...www.heathernickolephotogragraphy.com
  • Party Pleasers has several different DJ packages starting from $250 where you or a friend are the DJ and they provide the equipment and larger packages that are affordable as well. http://partypleasersdj.com/parties/party-packages/
    They do event lighting as well and have the cheapest uplighting I have seen at $25 a fixture.
  • edited June 2012
    In addition to choosing vendors who can help keep you on budget, another thing you can do is to consider alternate wedding days and times. Many people are now getting married on Friday evenings, Saturday mornings or afternoons and even on Sunday. Also, a reception doesn't have to mean a dinner dance - it could also just mean a luncheon or cocktail hour with appetizers (depending on the time of day)

The absolute biggest thing that has helped keep us in budget is keeping the guest list down. We're inviting 60 guests and are well within our (under 10k) budget. A few of my friends have had weddings with 250+ and we could never have done that many guests even with our same vendors.

You're just at the beginning of forming your vision of your wedding day, so don't count these options out! Good luck Laughing
    ExerciseMilestone
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_new-to-the-board-suggestions-on-affordable-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:b4892b8e-e2c6-4f1d-956b-2748cbbd0cf4Post:8941b4ac-35a5-4de6-8175-6fffeafa8541">Re: New to the board - suggestions on affordable vendors</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are interested in a photo booth, Cincinnati Kissing Booth is really affordable! <a href="http://www.CincinnatiKissingBooth.com" rel="nofollow">www.CincinnatiKissingBooth.com</a>
    Posted by Amy Ringenberg[/QUOTE]

It is funny that you have been called out on being a vendor, but you still keep posting about your company. Ironically, I was interested in a photo booth, but now I will definitely not be using this company. A word of advice-- posting on here as a vendor only makes people use other companies.
    That is the true season of love when we believe that we alone can love, that no one could have ever loved as much before, and that no one will ever love in the same way again
  • Here are our vendors:

Reception Site:  The Doubletree Hotel Cincinnati/NKY Airport
    Flowers: The Secret Garden
    Cake: Sweetwater Bakehouse
    DJ: Chad Aulick w/ Perfect Day DJs
    Photography: Paul & Cornelia Schuster w/ Pixelvision Photography LLC

All of these are in the Northern KY area except for our cake at Sweetwater Bakehouse.  They are located in the Reading Bridal District.  We haven't had our wedding yet (8 days to go!) but they have all been wonderful so far!  I will do a better review after the wedding :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards