Ohio-Cincinnati

just got engaged!!

hi girls! i just got engaged saturday. :) i kind of "knew" it was coming so i had narrowed some options down and want/need some opinions/reviews and a friend told me to ask you guys. thanks for your help.

venue: the madison, cincinnati club, union terminal.
dress: anything BUT david's bridal?
flowers: no clue. 
photographer: rachel spears photography, amanda donaho photography, innovatory photography.
makeup: brideface, pretty sold on that. :) 
DJ: no clue.

can't think of anything else. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. thanks girls! can't wait to get started. :):)

Re: just got engaged!!

• I got my dress at Fabulous Bridal in Covington. I loved the experience. They have a great selection and they really give you the personal attention you want. They also serve you champagne while you shop and they will put your hair up and help you accessorize. I can't say enough about them. They also have 20% off coupons in either the knot magazines or on Cincy Savers.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • We're using Amanda Donaho. Her photos are stunning, and she's seriously the nicest/easiest vendor I've worked with in my planning!! Good luck with your planning and congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RedPhotoFusion   they are awesome
    Sweet Lucy's for cakepops in stead of cake
    No DJ, go with a band, Airwaves
    The Newport Syndicate was roomier than the Madison and has a GREAT dance floor
  • - I second Amanda Donaho, she did an outstanding job on our engagement and wedding photos

- I recommend Poetic Cinema for videography, having a video along with pictures is ideal

- Tia's Designs for flowers - affordable, beautiful!

- Got my dress at David's Bridal (in Atlanta) and had no problems, but I went on a weekday evening and picked out my dress after trying on only three...so I may be a different type of bride than most.

Congrats and good luck!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Congrats!

Photos: Sherri Barber Photography. She's our splurge and we are so happy with her.
    Dress: Bridal and Formal (ceremony and reception)
    Venue: Wiedemann Hill Mansion (max of 75 people)
    Invites: Bridal Divas Ink: These ladies rock and they are so helpful. Anything you want they can do.

We aren't doing a videographer, and our venue does music so we didn't have to hire a dj. One of my girls will probably do my makeup.
  • thanks girls for the suggestions! we ended up getting in for a meeting with rachel spears yesterday and booked her today. 

wiedemann is on our list! checking out tia's today. thanks!!
  • Congrats. I always tell girls f they have WHM questions I'd be happy to answer!
  • Here is a list of the vendors we're using!

Venue: Voice of America Ronald Reagan Lakeview Room
    Photographer: Inlight Studio Photography
    Videography: Jeff Cooney
    Cake: Spoon Fulla Sugar
    Dress: David's Bridal (I used them for my dress & my BM dresses & have had no problems so far)
    Tuxes: President Tuxedo
    Caterer: Funky's
    Flowers: Designs by Tia

And we are having a family friend DJ, so I'm no help there :) Congrats on your engagement & good luck planning! It's fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome aboard and congrats!  I'm all for Wiedemann Hill Mansion if your numbers can handle something that intimate.  It's stunning and Donna is lovely to work with.  Keep us posted on your decisions. 
  • i am using cincinnati club, great to work with so far! gorg location.

cake: North College Hill Bakery - really inexpensive

DJ - Maize Music

Flowers - 2 Little Buds- great to work with, great prices, and multiple vendors have told me how great they are.

Dress/Bridesmaids- Bridal and Formal, great experience.

GOODLUCK!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_just-got-engaged?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:bb973563-1d9c-4450-8edf-50a63bc6f176Post:40491376-a12a-4709-9cba-40256e1d111c">Re: just got engaged!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks girls for the suggestions! we ended up getting in for a meeting with rachel spears yesterday and booked her today.  wiedemann is on our list! checking out tia's today. thanks!!
    Posted by mandyterrell[/QUOTE]

She's great. :o)

Why the hate for David's Bridal? It's affordable and I had no problems with them. :o)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Number one on your list is to ENJOY your engagement! I jumped right into the planning and wish I would have taken a few weeks to just ENJOY it. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards