Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Catholic Ceremony in a Non-Catholic Church?

Hi Ladies!

After much frustration trying to find a Catholic Church that was A) available on my date, B) willing to marry me even though I don't belong to their parish, and C)able to hold a ceremony on a Saturday around 5pm, I stumbled upon St. Aloysius. It is a non-denominational church, but used to be a Catholic Chapel. I contacted the archdiocese to make sure I would be allowed to hold a Catholic Ceremony there, and they said that it was possible and that I should have my priest contact them, which I did.

I'm just nervous that they are telling me it is ok now, but it will fall through later, after I've alreasy booked the Chapel...Did anyone else do something similar to this and how hard was it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Catholic Ceremony in a Non-Catholic Church?

• Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a Catholic Ceremony (shortened to omit communion) at the Bell Center. I was able to do whaever I wanted, so its not quite the same, but as long as you get it in writing, you shouldnt have any issues.

• Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The issue should be between your priest and you.  As long as the Archdiocese gives you the "ok," you're good.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards