Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Vendor Reviews 6/25/11

Hello ladies, I got hitched this past weekend and thought I'd write some quick reviews in case you're interested.  Most of my wedding was DIY but we used a few vendors.

Premier Parks, Oak Ridge Lodge in Mt. Airy Forest: A+
This place was amazing.  The Lodge was beautiful but small, we had ca. 100 people there and tables were packed inside so everyone could eat together.  I think the maximum limit of 125 listed on the website might be a little too high, but it worked for our group size.  The weather cooperated and we were able to dancing outside, and there were so many beautiful picture spots around the lodge and park.  
Our contact person, Paige, was fantastic and made time for whatever we needed from her.  Plus the price was very low compared to similar locations we looked at.  NOTES: we were only allowed to use a caterer off their list of approved caterers, and we were not allowed to sell alcohol on the premises (we could serve, but not sell).  

A Taste of Class Catering: A++
We spent the biggest chunk of our budget on food, because we were told that guests would remember it.  This caterer was great to work with, and we loved the buffet dinner package that we got from them.  They helped to move chairs from the ceremony to reception tables, and bused tables throughout the night (which we weren't aware they would be doing).  We had the option of buying alcohol through them, or providing our own, so we were able to keep alcohol costs down.  I believe they were worth the $$ we spent, because we were completely satisfied with everything.  

North College Hill Baker: B+
We ordered cupcakes and a 7" cake to cut, and they tasted great.  Cupcakes were much cheaper than a layer cake, and we could get different flavors.  I was slightly disappointed that they raised the cupcake prices without telling us (about 10 cents per cupcake, so not that big of a deal, but...)  We heard from guests all night how fantastic the cupcakes looked and tasted.

J. Stephen Conn officiant: A+
Neither one of us had a church or religion we were connected to, so when we found Mr. Conn online he seemed great.  He returned phone calls and emails very promptly and went to great lengths to make sure we all understood what was going on.  He was a great coach for the ceremony preparation, especially for us getting married the first time.  We wanted to add the Rose Ceremony, and he was more than happy to accommodate us.  

Cincy Wedding DJs (Jeff): A+
What I initially liked about this company was that we could do just about everything online, because I planned my wedding long distance.  We could do all of our song lists and planning forms online.  Jeff definitely kept the mood up, and he didn't talk all night long :D.  He got there early to set up, as well.

David Williams Photographer: A+++
Mr. Williams is an amateur photographer, and I found out about him because my mother works with his wife.  We saw some of his pictures online and noticed that he seemed very good with outdoor lighting, so we set up a meeting.  He was very easy to work with, and charged us $850 for shooting the entire wedding day, and we're getting every shot in an album.  He had fantastic, out-of-the-box ideas for poses, and he really put us at ease for taking pictures.  He didn't try to direct the night, and didn't get in the way, and wasn't rude to anyone in trying to get shots.  I'm so happy we found him, and so excited to get our pictures!

Re: Vendor Reviews 6/25/11

• Options
    dori851dori851 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like you had an awesome day! Congrats & thanks for the vendor reviews! We have a testing with A Taste of Class tomorrow, so I'm glad to hear such a good review on them :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ckollstedtckollstedt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_vendor-reviews-62511?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:bff4c8d8-93e6-456f-ba66-c5f4672d9b77Post:d15e2a75-706d-447b-a3db-e160deb03bc9">Re: Vendor Reviews 6/25/11</a>:
    [QUOTE]It sounds like you had an awesome day! Congrats & thanks for the vendor reviews! We have a testing with A Taste of Class tomorrow, so I'm glad to hear such a good review on them :)
    Posted by dori851[/QUOTE]

<div>They really were amazing.  Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions about working with them!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards