Ohio-Cincinnati

Suggestions for photographers and florists in cincinnati area?

I am looking for photographer and florist suggestions in the northern kentucky/cincinnati areas? Can anyone help me out??

Re: Suggestions for photographers and florists in cincinnati area?

• adv0118adv0118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure on flowers but check out Rachel Spears Photography. She is doing my wedding in April.
  • BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_suggestions-photographers-florists-cincinnati-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:c7428b76-7984-436b-98a6-263f7de50935Post:77df7351-11d5-4e90-a286-0e15024b56a8">Re: Suggestions for photographers and florists in cincinnati area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure on flowers but check out Rachel Spears Photography. She is doing my wedding in April.
    Posted by adv0118[/QUOTE]

I'm meeting with Rachel on Thursday and am very excited. :o)

Her work looks awesome - hoping to book her for my July wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Lisa Rice shot our wedding and she did an amazing job. She is based out of Columbus but will travel to Cincy for e-pics and weddings. Right now she is running a special where if you book by a certain date you get a second shooter for no additional fee.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• edited December 2011
    Not sure of your budget, but here are my suggestions:

Photography
    Nathan Peel (nathanpeelphoto.com)--We used him for our wedding and found him not only spectacular, but very affordable.

Bobbi and Mike (bobbiandmike.com)

Melanie and Adam Pace (loft3pd.com)

Brett and Jess (ourlifeinbalance.com)

Amanda Egan (amandaeganphoto.com)

Florist
    Kroger Newport.  We worked with Erica Younger and she was fantastic.  I had 5 bouquets, 3 bouts, and 6 corsages for $200.  
  • edited December 2011
    So far I have really enjoyed working with Robin Wood Florist. Her shop is amazing and she has really good ideas.

For photography check out Tony Bailey Photography: http://www.tonybaileyphoto.com/

He also has a facebook page. He just opened a new studio in Independence, KY.
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    I just met with JMesa Photography and he is amazing. I signed with him last weekend. Definitely not a bargain photographer but a young, cool guy who really knows his stuff. I definitely recommend if you're looking for someone fresh and new, different than the same old Cinci photographers. www.jmesaphotography.com (he's also my wedding planner's wife; Lindsey Mesa)
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I second Lisa Rice.  She took our engagement photos and we loved them.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Constance2012Constance2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out the secret garden in Florence, that is who I am using for flowers and they quoted me less than half of other places for "better" flowers!
  • andrearae0620andrearae0620 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i third rachel spears. LOVE her.
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer is Sheila castle used to work as rachael spears assistant but now she's on her own so a bit more affordable depending on your budget. We did our e pics and she was awesome to work with and they turned out great.
  • edited December 2011
    Robin wood is outrageously priced. She wanted to put 9 votives on a table in the shape of a square for 50$.

The florist I met with were Robin Wood, Two little buds, Del Apgar, and HJ Benkin.

Two little buds I found to be really creative and fun and the best priced too.

The others had beautiful flowers, just a little out of my price range.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd recommend Two Little Buds for flowers, as well. It's a mother-daughter team. They gave me exactly what I wanted and slightly under budget.
    Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_suggestions-photographers-florists-cincinnati-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:c7428b76-7984-436b-98a6-263f7de50935Post:21148d5e-cf05-4cb1-93ae-4b9de57dfd48">Re: Suggestions for photographers and florists in cincinnati area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My photographer is Sheila castle used to work as rachael spears assistant but now she's on her own so a bit more affordable depending on your budget. We did our e pics and she was awesome to work with and they turned out great.
    Posted by smittojess88[/QUOTE]

<div>actually she still works for rachel and is the second shooter for my wedding. can't wait to work with them! i did my e-pics with rachel and they're great. fun girls! :)</div>
  • BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Happy to see all these awesome reviews for Rachel Spears. I'm meeting with her this evening and looking forward to it. All of her work looks amazing and her price truly cannot be beat for the quality she seems to deliver.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    let us know how it goes! :)
  • According to Rachel's website, her package include a photobooth. Do you know any details about this- such as how long it is up at the reception and if the guests get courtesy prints from the photobooth? 

Also, does anyone know how much a typical wedding album costs if it is not included in a package? I am new to all this and just am looking for a ballpark estimate.

Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards