Ohio-Cincinnati

Wedding/Reception at Union terminal Cincinnati museum center

Has any one had their wedding or reception here? How many people did you have and were in the museum did you do everything? My fiance and I are leaning strongly towards having both our wedding and reception here and I'm just trying to figure out how it would all work. I have seen the spaces but it wasn't set up. Thanks for any help!
for siggy

Re: Wedding/Reception at Union terminal Cincinnati museum center

• hotrocker2011hotrocker2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never seen it done, but it sound like it would look really nice.....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • newsgrl39newsgrl39 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i went to a prom there like 10 years ago and it was really nice back then!
    BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • mschneid02mschneid02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding & reception there.  Have you had a tour?  I am going to forget the names of the rooms, but there are 2 rooms off to the side of the rotunda that we used.  We had one for the ceremony (this room has been recently redone and it's gorgeous), moved into the Cincinnati museum for cocktail hour (this was extra$), moved into the second room for the reception and then back to the ceremony room for dancing.  It was perfect.  We had 130 or so.  I would NOT do the rotunda unless you have 400 guests.  It is very echo-y there and DJs told us that they hate it.

Extra cool stuff: taking pictures in the museum, the 'holding' area is the old president's office, taking pictures overlooking the rotunda.

Does that answer your questions?
  • BMBrinsonBMBrinson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yes thank you! We decided to use the Rotunda...My fiance liked it better than the dinning rooms. We also have around 200 give or take and we thought that the dinning rooms might be a little crampped. The ceremony will be in the Auditorium. I had the tour a loved all of it...I've loved the museum my entire life...my grandparents took me there almost every weekend when I was little.

for siggy
  • mschneid02mschneid02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you are right - the dining rooms would be cramped for that many.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards