Ohio-Cincinnati

Anyone hire Sam Hills for hair?

So I finally decided to splurge... and I booked Sam Hills for my wedding hair.  I've heard that he is amazing, but how long does he take to do an up-do?  I have 5 bridemaids plus myself plus 2 mothers that need to get their hair done.  We're having an early afternoon wedding, and need to have everyone's hair done by noon. Do you think he'll be able to do 6 up-do's and 2 styles in roughly 4 hours?  I'm assuming he'll need to bring another stylist and maybe an assistant to get it all done in time...

Re: Anyone hire Sam Hills for hair?

• edited December 2011
    Haven't heard of him. Can you provide me with a link or web address? Maybe you should give him a call and let him know what kind of time contraints you have and see if it is a problem. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    He runs High Five Salon in O'Brienville (http://www.highfivesalon.com/high_five_salon/Home.html)

Supposedly, he is one of the best hair stylists in Cincinnati.  From the few photos I've seen, he seems pretty talented.  He is also one of the most expensive stylists to hire for weddings -- $200 for brides (includes trial), $75 for bridesmaids.  He will come to you or you can go to his salon... whichever you prefer.  I stopped by his salon yesterday, and found out that he is already booked every weekend for the rest of 2011.  Even though I'm not getting married until June 2012, I reserved my date right then and there.

Hopefully he'll be worth the splurge...
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    julialynnjones, I would PM hrparker, hope she still checks this board.  She used him for her wedding in March 2009.  She also has her vendor reviews here:

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mschneid02mschneid02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sam did my hair and he was great.  We just went to his salon b/c i live close by.  You might want to use his other stylists to help... he'll tell you how long he needs for everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards